Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you do your own nails?
1  2  Next

who does your nails?
Do you file your own nails?  
 33%  [ 18 ]
File and paint?  
 35%  [ 19 ]
File at manicurist?  
 0%  [ 0 ]
File and paint at manicurist?  
 30%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 53

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:21 pm
I always see pics or videos of people on social media with different colored nails. Same person can have red nails today and blue tomorrow.

I’m wondering, do most women paint their nails themselves? I tried and they looked BAD.
Do you go for a manicure every time you need to trim? Do you color them at the manicurist?

Edited- heck I’m gonna add a poll!

amother
White

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:23 pm
I do my own with clear polish and white nail pencil.

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:25 pm
I do sometimes myself I've gotten better with years but the posts you notice on social media could just mean they are promoting their business that's all

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:27 pm
Shoshana37 wrote:
I do sometimes myself I've gotten better with years but the posts you notice on social media could just mean they are promoting their business that's all

They’re private people not in the fashion business.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:30 pm
I do my own nails about once a week, maybe 10 days.
There's not option for "cut and paint" because that is what I do.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:35 pm
Thanks. By file I also meant cut LOL

I have a difficult time managing to keep my cuticles neat. How do you trim them by yourself?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 11:35 pm
I do my own hands and feet complete mani and ped about every two weeks. I don't use nail polish due to gardening etc so it's always just a clear coat on my hands. I was about 16 when I started.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:00 am
It took some practice, but I file and paint my own hands and feet. My hands I do every 7-14 days, and my feet I can go for a few weeks without touching it.

penguin

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 1:38 am
Like this?

dovebird

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 2:08 am
I do my own nails, I find it fun and relaxing. But I hate the drying time. I never have enough time to let them dry properly, then they get ruined faster Sad but hey, then I get to do them again! Smile
Eta- I don't always do a perfect job, but any messups come off in the shower...

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 4:00 am
Before I had a baby I did my own nails all the time. With practice they came out really nice and I had the luxury of letting them dry while I watch a TV show. I also have an amazing quick dry topcoat that really really works.

https://www.amazon.com/Seche-V....._a_it

Since I had my baby I haven't done my nails at all. Maybe when she goes to gan in a few years Smile

grace413

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 4:54 am
I do my own manicure but for a pedicure I go to a professional.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 5:35 am
All my friends do (if they care) except the very few who havz fakies. Then they go to someone, have someone come... a few risk it to do it themselves too

Shoshana37

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 7:46 am
My sister does it for women from comfort of her home as a side job. So she changes her nail polish every two days and posts on Facebook just to promote her home business.

jewwoman

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 8:22 am
I do manicures from home as a side job. So I do my own nails and change them every few days to a week. I loved doing my nails so I decided to start doing it for people from home.

chestnut

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 8:42 am
To do it yourself, you have to watch many YouTube videos and practice a lot. One of the tricks I heard is to put Vaseline around the nail, so the polish doesn't get there

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 9:35 am
chestnut wrote:
To do it yourself, you have to watch many YouTube videos and practice a lot. One of the tricks I heard is to put Vaseline around the nail, so the polish doesn't get there

What?
So your grandmother did not put nailpolish?
You need to be told how, and/or experiment.

simba

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 9:48 am
Shoshana37 wrote:
My sister does it for women from comfort of her home as a side job. So she changes her nail polish every two days and posts on Facebook just to promote her home business.

Where does your sister service? I am looking for such a service.

sima

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:47 pm
myself except the rare special occasion. It's such a waste of money...... after two days the color starts to chip, so I don't want to spend for something so short lived.

BTW, I love polish but yeah I do it myself. I do spend on eyebrow threading once a month or an occasional facial though since I feel that is much harder to do properly myself.

giselle

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 1:29 pm
Both. I get manicures but don’t always have time so then I do it myself. Don’t think you tube videos are necessary. You’ll get better with practice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics