Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig under $500

twogees

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 2:47 pm
Does anyone know where I can purchase a new wig for under $500 and the lower the price the better..

doctorima

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 3:12 pm
Real or synthetic? A real wig that costs less than $500 will be poor quality and won't last very long. Maybe try Alibaba, or a consignment place if you'll consider that.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 3:37 pm
There are some very nice synthetics you can get for much less money than human hair. I recommend trying them on first though, rather than buying online (unless there’s a return policy) because I’ve found that synthetics can show up looking and feeling MUCH different than I expected based on photos online.

I never bought a new human hair sheitel, but I did get a second hand one before my wedding and I really like it. I also got a new human hair band fall that was on the much cheaper end as far as those things go. It was a Mazali and I think I paid around $350. But I’ll be honest - it didn’t last very long. It lost hair pretty quickly and the color faded and wouldn’t re-dye properly because the hair was already so processed. On the plus side, it was VERY comfortable and I still have hopes of finding a way to make it wearable again.

If you want a human hair sheitel and you’re open to second hand items, I would recommend getting something from a consignment or second hand place. You can get a much higher quality item for much lower cost that way. Buying something new for that price will almost definitely not be as high quality.

twogees

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 3:41 pm
I don't want a synthetic as I had one and was a complete waste of money as it knotted so badly I was only able to wear for about 3 months ...and that was not even every day...

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 3:44 pm
There is a facebook group called wigs you wish you own but cant afford. She works with a supplier in china. I was talking to her about a wunderwig style wig for under $500. The woman who runs the group is so nice.

dina22

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 3:52 pm
Chavi chase is having a sale in Lakewood on Sunday, $500 factory line wigs.

srbmom

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 5:39 pm
Try Red Carpet Wigs in Woodemere. It's a secondhand wig shop. I'm not 100% sure she has anything that cheap but worth a try. Shani (if I remember her name correctly) is a doll to work with and I got a beautiful shaitel from her for less then half the retail price because someone wore it twice and decided they didn't like it. I've been wearing it for 1.5 years and I love it.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 1:50 pm
Some of my synthetics were worn for years, and mistaken for real hair by sheitelmachers. They were expensive for synthetic, but certainly undrr 500.

Shoshana37

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 7:50 pm
I bought a long wig few years ago on Ave J and Coney Island for $1,200 I would like to sell it because I am trying to cover my hair with scarfs only. Pm me if you are interested I'll sell it for reasonable price or $500 .

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 8:47 pm
Ali Express

STMommy

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 10:53 pm
Malky wigs (she's in bklyn and also on ebay)

Moonlight

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:02 pm
I've gotten Mazali wigs at their sales for 400 and have been extremely thrilled with their quality

mirror

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:24 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Ali Express

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....5fYOj
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels