Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What have you done out of your comfort zone?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chloe22

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:48 pm
Changed jobs. I was at one office for 14 years and I was terrified to move on. B"H, the new job worked out in terms of pay, the fact that I'm working in my field, etc. I've been there 17 years.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:50 pm
Did my first tahara recently! Was such a sobering experience and I was so happy to join it although I never would have thought I could as it was way out of my comfort zone.

Started a parsha shiur in my home given by me - I am very uncomfortable being the center of attention but somehow my love for Torah helped me do it!

Speaking Hebrew is always nowhere near my comfort zone but I do it daily in Israel!

I killed a tarantula and a scorpion by myself!

I apologized to someone who I tried to avoid for a long time but felt much better after.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:55 pm
I just went on anti-anxiety medication for my last month of pregnancy. This is very hard for me even though I know in the long run it will ward off back to back panic attacks post partum and please G-d mommy and baby will be healthy in the end!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:56 pm
I traveled to the seat of government and made a presentation in front of high ranking ministers. I did this in the local language which is my third tongue.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
She willingly went out of her comfort zone. That made sense, not sure what you didn’t get. I have done many things willingly that were really far out of my comfort zone!! It’s part of life!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
After my divorce, I moved out of my parents home and invite myself to neighbors for shabbos meals. That’s big for me!! Bh Im surviving and even living!!

Similar story, after my divorce I moved to a singles community where I didn’t know people and really put myself out there to make friends and a social life for myself. I met my dh there and everything worked out amazingly. I hope for you too!

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
Did my first tahara recently! Was such a sobering experience and I was so happy to join it although I never would have thought I could as it was way out of my comfort zone.

Started a parsha shiur in my home given by me - I am very uncomfortable being the center of attention but somehow my love for Torah helped me do it!

Speaking Hebrew is always nowhere near my comfort zone but I do it daily in Israel!

I killed a tarantula and a scorpion by myself!

I apologized to someone who I tried to avoid for a long time but felt much better after.

Wow, I'm speechless. And that doesn't happen to me often.

Boca00

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:07 pm
amother wrote:
I just went on anti-anxiety medication for my last month of pregnancy. This is very hard for me even though I know in the long run it will ward off back to back panic attacks post partum and please G-d mommy and baby will be healthy in the end!

Good luck!! I really hope it helps. You are doing the best thing for yourself and your baby.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:25 pm
Moved across the world with a few hundred dollars in my account, lots of guts and faith.

Cried in public over a silly incident when I was 9 months pregnant.

Delivered my own baby, alone.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:46 pm
I'm very introverted and intellectually-oriented, and I joined a theater group. So far out of my comfort zone - so hard and so fun at the same time!

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:07 pm
I opened my own business as a teenager, where I got to meet lots of people. I offered a creative service and always doubted if I was good or not. My stomach would turn every time I had an appointment with a client.
I was really successful, which proves to me I was good. And I learned so many things from my experience. At the time it was so hard and out of my comfort zone. I considered stopping many times. Now after having my baby, I put it on hold.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:15 pm
Started a catering business and a seasonal kosher dairy restaurant

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:18 pm
I learned to drive
I invited family for YT. I'm an introvert so it's hard for me.
I started, and then re-started therapy.
I agreed to move to a different community, farther from family.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:55 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I'd love to hear. Could be as simple as "I cut my baby's nails for the first time" or something harder like "I went to do kiruv in a foreign country without knowing the language" or anything else.

(Ok, so those were mine. Your turn.)

Got married.

Studious

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:00 pm
Went rappelling on the office trip. Scary but fun!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:
Similar story, after my divorce I moved to a singles community where I didn’t know people and really put myself out there to make friends and a social life for myself. I met my dh there and everything worked out amazingly. I hope for you too!

Amen!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:54 pm
Went to do sales for a company, bc they needed me, although I hate doing sales. I gave that up because it was so hard for me, I'm not a type to push or convince people. And I don't have such thick skin. But thinking about how l actually went from store to store and was actually getting orders, I'm amazed at how I actually did that.

I moved to a different community against everyone's wishes. So thankful that I had the courage to go through with that.

Went to speak to the knesset with my limited Hebrew

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:57 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Became FTB in a lite MO community where I was basically alone as a not lite MO.
Married Yekke Wink
Moved to a big town
Had a large family after the war etc, which wasn't really done in my family since the war.
BH I did all this very happily and wilingly.

What's FTB?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:42 pm
Reached out to ATime to help me with my infertility after couple of years married and not been blessed.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:46 pm
Got married.

Did not go back to work after having my first child.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics