Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you ever enjoy your hair?
1  2  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:17 pm
Silly question maybe. But am about to cut my hair short. I never enjoy it anyway. No one does. Just about when I brush it and then It goes in a pony and under my sheitel/tichel.
Do you ever enjoy your hair ?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:19 pm
I used to shave so every time I see my hair I enjoy it, as does dh. rarely do I blowdry it nicely.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:19 pm
Yes. I like my hair a lot. After I shower if my kids are aslepp I will just let it air dry. I also have shortish hair but I still like it..it's like a 90's mushroom cut.
My dh also enjoys my hair in the Privacy of our bedroom.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:21 pm
I used to have really long hair but cut it
To a shoulder length lob a year ago. I love it. Looks so cute and chic. Dh loves it too. Then I got a wig that length!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:22 pm
Have no husband who could enjoy it. So what's the point.
Can't let it dry in from of my big children either Sad

loveit

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 3:41 pm
Not when it's down because I don't take the time to style it and it lost all its volume. But I love putting it up in a top knot/bun/pony at night, sometimes with a headband. Looks cute and is comfy and DH likes it

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 4:59 pm
No. I have horrible hair.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:06 pm
I love my hair. I don't enjoy as much as when I was single, but I hope to some day.
I'm thinking about vacation days, spending the late afternoon and evening inside, with my hair nicely blown out. Hmm...maybe I should start doing this for Friday nights this winter. What a treat!

Fox

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:10 pm
Hate, hate, hate my hair. Hated it when I was single and hate it even more now. I used to shave, but my DDs convinced me to grow it out (shaving isn't our minhag; it was just for my convenience), assuring me that it was "more feminine" to have a bit longer hair. Guess what? I still hate it! And I don't feel like my femininity has increased, either. Rolling Eyes

Maya

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
I used to shave so every time I see my hair I enjoy it, as does dh. rarely do I blowdry it nicely.

Same, for the first part.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:22 pm
I love my curls! Loved them when I was single, I was cnstantly styling and playing with them, and still love em. They are not as huge as they used to be tho.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:38 pm
Still like my hair but lately I have started getting gray strands and it's freaking me out

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:42 pm
I make a point to straighten it with hair iron once a month, and it really makes up for not enjoying it the rest of the time.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Have no husband who could enjoy it. So what's the point.
Can't let it dry in from of my big children either Sad

Neither do I aqua amother, I know the feeling.
That is why I make it a point to enjoy it. I dye my hair (went white quite young) ans add cool highlghts (I do it myself because can't afford a salon) and love blow- or air-drying it, walking around open hair in the bedroom in the evening when the children are in bed. Every time I look myself in the mirror and see how cute I look I reconfirm how great I look and that someoday someone lucky will enjoy it too Smile

I have learnt to want to look good for MYSELF. Try it, it is liberating!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:08 pm
I uncover my hair as soon as I finish working, and it stays uncovered until I take my daughter to the bus the next morning. Unless I go out again at some point, and then obviously I cover it again. If my daughter has friends over I will keep it uncovered, as their moms don't care either way. (Some also do the same as I do, uncover in the house.) On Friday after my shower if we have no make company I will let my hair air dry. If we do I will cover it very lightly with a tichel. I have mid-back length thick, curly hair, and I absolutely love it. I have a little bit of it dyed purple right now, and when that grows out I'm going to hombre it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:04 pm
Not more or less than other random body parts. Love my wigs. Don't cover at home

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:10 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Still like my hair but lately I have started getting gray strands and it's freaking me out

From what I've heard silver hair is in. Mine has been silver for almost twenty years. I get great cuts and love it.

Maya

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:11 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

I've been coloring my hair to cover the greys since I'm 28 😄

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:17 pm
No. Always hated the moplike texture and wore it mostly up or in braids so what was point? In teens liked playing and inventing styles but texture wouldn’t let it stay. Not willing to spend hours blow drying or smothering in mousse, gel or spray which didn’t work anyway. And in bed was literally a pain getting trapped under my back or dh arms or wtvr, ouch! $&@?!! Got it cut short after married a year or two and never looked back.

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:39 pm
I always had mixed feelings about my hair. Now that I am married and covering, I find it to be more of a nuisance than a pleasure. I often daydream about getting a buzz cut. Especially after it has been mashed under a sheitl, it looks so awful -- like it has been tortured! 🙄 My DH does NOT like the idea of me having "boy" hair. I have been slowly cutting it a little shorter, and also dyed the underneath-back section teal😎 B"H, my DH loves that I want to dye weird colors. My hair is now a sligtly layered shoulder-length bob, and the teal has faded to an algae green. I plan to cut it again this week, and dye it purple and red soon.

So I guess I am trying to enjoy it as much as possible:) I don't cover at home (except when niddah,) so I can really enjoy it when I don't have to go out!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics