Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Is there a traffic light camera on 15/52 in BP?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:54 pm
DH says he recognizes it, but I dont see it listed as a traffic light camera location on any a traffic light camera map.

DH says it must be newly installed and it didnt make it to the list yet.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 5:59 pm
??? Why does this matter?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:01 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Simple bet betw me and others.

Is this a problem?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:09 pm
amother wrote:
Simple bet betw me and others.

Is this a problem?

You've stopped making sense.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:30 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
You've stopped making sense.

So sorry.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:41 pm
Would love to know!! Keep us posted.
Sorry to tell u but I like to know if I'll get a ticket. I slow down by speeding cameras....

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
Would love to know!! Keep us posted.
Sorry to tell u but I like to know if I'll get a ticket. I slow down by speeding cameras....

'Cause obeying the speed limit is just too hard?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:06 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Yeah it sometimes is. NYC traffic can be so ridiculous at times that when the roads are clear, it's easy to unknowingly sail right through. I think posting on a NY area traffic thread is silly if you don't live here and don't understand the driving dynamics.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:12 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Yes. Drive here first and then judge. Try to get to carpool/work/store on limited time without going a drop faster on the one block that isn't congested until you get to the next block which looks like a parking lot with non stop beeping.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:13 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

If it doesn't matter to you why would you take the time to open the thread or respond???

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:15 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Not at all. DH and I are the slowest drivers on the planet. Just wondering if what he saw was really a traffic light camera.

Id be totally insane if I drove quickly on the streets of BP. The first week I got my license, I was slowly driving along a side street, when a 2 yr old boy (didnt yet have a haircut) darted out into the street in front of me, while girls who I assume were his sisters were watching him, but having too good a time talking to notice that he was crossing the street.

cnc

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
Not at all. DH and I are the slowest drivers on the planet. Just wondering if what he saw was really a traffic light camera.

Can it be an NYPD security camera?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:30 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

What's wrong with people knowing this info so that they should be extra careful and not get a ticket? It doesn't mean drivers shouldn't obey the speed limit even without a camera, but it's comforting to know that jews look out for one another and try to inform our wonderful community where those cameras are.
Btw, I live in a community where drivers are allowed to make a right turn on a red light after a stopping. There are certain streets that have cameras that video drivers violating this traffic law. I have received several tickets at various street lights over the years. When I review the video online, I see my car almost stopping and then making a right turn. I estimate that my car is usually going between 2 and 3 mph, but not making a complete stop. The video often rolls an extra 20 seconds or so and I usually see a car or 2 behind me making the same violation, almost coming to a complete stop and turning right very slowly. Our county must make thousands of $$$ everyday on this absurd violation that is completely not in the spirit of the law. No cop has ever pulled me over for not coming to a 100% full stop at a stop sign and making a right turn. If a driver slows down to 2-3 mph it is entirely safe and unreasonable to ticket. This is why I am happy when red light cameras are publicized and the city cannot take advantage of hard working drivers.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
What's wrong with people knowing this info so that they should be extra careful and not get a ticket? It doesn't mean drivers shouldn't obey the speed limit even without a camera, but it's comforting to know that jews look out for one another and try to inform our wonderful community where those cameras are.
Btw, I live in a community where drivers are allowed to make a right turn on a red light after a stopping. There are certain streets that have cameras that video drivers violating this traffic law. I have received several tickets at various street lights over the years. When I review the video online, I see my car almost stopping and then making a right turn. I estimate that my car is usually going between 2 and 3 mph, but not making a complete stop. The video often rolls an extra 20 seconds or so and I usually see a car or 2 behind me making the same violation, almost coming to a complete stop and turning right very slowly. Our county must make thousands of $$$ everyday on this absurd violation that is completely not in the spirit of the law. No cop has ever pulled me over for not coming to a 100% full stop at a stop sign and making a right turn. If a driver slows down to 2-3 mph it is entirely safe and unreasonable to ticket. This is why I am happy when red light cameras are publicized and the city cannot take advantage of hard working drivers.

I too live in a right on red location. The law, and the spirit of the law is - everyone stops for a red light. Same with stop signs.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
Yeah it sometimes is. NYC traffic can be so ridiculous at times that when the roads are clear, it's easy to unknowingly sail right through. I think posting on a NY area traffic thread is silly if you don't live here and don't understand the driving dynamics.

Then just sit back and enjoy my silliness. Rolling Eyes

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:23 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Then just sit back and enjoy my silliness. Rolling Eyes

How about you?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries