Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Color ran

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:17 am
I washed a black & white dress & the black ran in the white. Is there a way to reverse it?

sim

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:41 am
Happened to me.
First off, did you wash it according to the instructions? If so, return it to the store/manufacturer. I couldn't do that, because it was a local Jewish store that did not want to stand behind the relatively unknown manufacturer.
If that doesn't work, soak the white part in Oxiclean. If possible, secure the black part so it is not in the soaking water. Or saturate the places where it ran with a prewash spray like shout or oxiclean and let it sit, then rewash in cold water.

frumPA

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:52 pm
Let me know if that works for u. I ahd the same issue. A black suede dress with ivory colored pockets and the black ran on the fur pockets. I tried soaking in oxy but black kept running and tried rewashing with oxi powder and color catcher sheets someone told me abt it but nothing helped! so any advice anyone has I would appreciate it.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:59 pm
Thanx, but it's not possible to soak only the white part. The store won't Take it back.
Maybe I'll call the cleaners see if they can do anything.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 1:04 pm
Next time use colour catcher.It protects clothes from color bleeding and preserve colors. I use it almost in every wash!

SingALong

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 1:13 pm
I had that with a dress. Soaked in color guard detergent for 2-3 days until it came out. Now I only wash in that specific detergent.

Label said dry clean only. The colors ran right after I dry cleaned it the first time. It was after that that I tried washing in color guard, Results for washing in colorguard were much better so I did that. Not necessarily will dry cleaning solve the issue.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 1:44 pm
What is color guard detergent?
the dress is not dry clean. It's upsetting that it was so expensive & from a Jewish store & they won't stand behind it.

sim

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 3:22 pm
What is the name of the company?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry