Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help me organize my toys

bargainlover

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:11 pm
I have containers for almost all my toys. I'm stuck with how to store the 3 car and people for the car garage , cars for the the car carrier truck, farm animals from the farm, etc. All so little things and can't be in the actual toy cuz it will go flying. Need a tiny container or something.....

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:14 pm
I actually hired an organizer and we did the toys today. Everything is labeled. It looks amazing! The toys that don't have a lot of pieces have really small containers.

smileyfaces

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:15 pm
Can you make a container for “menchies”?
Also I label all my bins with picture of what’s inside so my 5 year old can put the toys in the right bin

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:43 pm
So happy you found someone mommy3b2c!

bargainlover

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:04 pm
Wow, that looks AMAZING! are these all your toys? what containers are they, I love them! also I am stuck on the big toys that have small pieces - I wonder what your organizer would have done. I have a car garage, car carrier, farm house with animals, shopping cart with food, etc. I also live in a tiny apt so my toys are in various random places!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:18 pm
bargainlover wrote:
Wow, that looks AMAZING! are these all your toys? what containers are they, I love them! also I am stuck on the big toys that have small pieces - I wonder what your organizer would have done. I have a car garage, car carrier, farm house with animals, shopping cart with food, etc. I also live in a tiny apt so my toys are in various random places!

So the animals, food etc.... go into the correct container with a label. And the big pieces, the garage etc.... goes on a shel or in a bin.

These are not all my toys, but most of them. These are the games:

And we will do puzzles tomorrow:

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:19 pm
The containers are from organicer in boro park.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:23 pm
Show us what you do with puzzles and games. Do they stay in the boxes or are there special containers that work well?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Show us what you do with puzzles and games. Do they stay in the boxes or are there special containers that work well?

The picture above is the games

ra_mom

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 7:18 pm
Thank you! How I wish they came out with large shallow boxes that can accommodate boards from board games with little section sealed inside for the pieces too. I should have asked at organicer when I was there today.

lucky14

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 10:11 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I actually hired an organizer and we did the toys today. Everything is labeled. It looks amazing! The toys that don't have a lot of pieces have really small containers.

this is my dream toy closet for when I have a house! I have containers for all the toys (similar to yours) but sadly no closet space so some are in a small closet and the rest are spread out throughout the apartment.

Also a suggestion for those with young children who can't read yet: take a photot of the object(s) that are supposed to go into each box and attach it to the front of the box so the children can figure out which box the toys go into on their own.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 11:33 pm
bargainlover wrote:
I have a car garage, car carrier, farm house with animals, shopping cart with food, etc. I also live in a tiny apt so my toys are in various random places!

Be honest: do your children really play with all of them or merely toss most of them around while digging out the ones they really want? I would give away at least half to two thirds of them, or at least store them out of sight and rotate every so often. There’s no good reason to have so many toys velgering all over the place.

zaq

Post Wed, Oct 25 2017, 11:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Thank you! How I wish they came out with large shallow boxes that can accommodate boards from board games with little section sealed inside for the pieces too. I should have asked at organicer when I was there today.

Take out all the boards and stand them on edge like books on a shelf. Take all the pieces from each game and put in a clear ziplok bag labeled with a picture of the game board. File the bags with the game pieces in a shallow bin like a dishpan on the shelf next to the boards. Yes it wil take two steps instead of one but will save so much space. And you will never have the problem of pulling out a box from the bottom of a pile only to have the whole pile tumble down after it.

Not my idea, read it in a book, don’t recall whose.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 12:28 am
Thanks zaq! I do feel that part of the excitement of game playing is standing near the closet and deciding which colorful box to pull out. And taking out the box and opening it up discover what's inside. We do keep the boxes and they look pretty good stacked neatly on their shelf so I guess we'll keep them that way but they're cardboard and they do get ruined on occasion. Oh well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics