Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did you ever reject anyone?
Previous  1  2

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 5:22 pm
yes. I rejected my sister. She is going through an emotionally tough time and extremely sensitive and fragile. Everything I say is no good and she lashes out with cruelty. I feel bad that I dont have a relationship with her but have no regrets. my sanity is more important and I have too much going on to have to deal with the constant drama.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 6:33 pm
Yes, I made a full rejection to my mother about 1.5 years ago. Very difficult decision, yet liberating and redeeming. BH for a supportive DH (who suffered as a ripple effect because of her abuse and discrimination to me) and our Rabbi who told us it was time.

I don't take this decision lightly, and no one else should.

So far, its been a really good decision for us. I feel so much better

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 7:55 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I filled out a survey for my sister's psychology class. One of the main questions was to describe in detail a time that you rejected someone. I've been thinking and I really couldn't think of anything! I never had to fire anyone or break up with a friend, I married the first guy I dated...
Have you ever rejecting anyone? Were you happy or upset after? (That was the rest of the question, and I'm curious what others would answer...)

I rejected several dates. The only thing I regret is not listening to my gut immediately and continuing to date people I didn’t like.
I’ve also rejected housekeepers. Again, my only regret is trying and trying after my initial reaction was a strong no.
I’ve rejected job offers, some of which I regret...I could really use the money or savings now!
I’ve also rejected friendships attempts. I regret many of those because I wonder what I could’ve learned from them and how I could’ve developed as a person learning to be friends with different kinds of people. I also feel terrible that I made people feel bad.
I suppose I regret many missed opportunities because I wasn’t open-minded enough, and I’m happy I turned down things that were bad for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics