Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Toivel pot after it was used?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 1:32 am
I mistakenly cooked from a pot that I thought was already toveled. Do I have to throw it out or can I tovel it now and still use it? embarrassed embarrassed

Iymnok

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 1:43 am
Wash it well so there is no chatzitza then toivel it. Ask a Rav about the status of the food you already cooked in it.
I don't think it needs hagala too.

myname1

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 2:57 am
I learned that the issue is not one of kashrus- the food is still kosher. But we are obligated to toivel keilim, so using an untoiveled pot is wrong (obviously we all make mistakes, as in this case). I was taught this in the context of non-frum relatives and non-toiveled dishes. So I would agree- clean it well and toivel, and that should be it.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 4:18 am
To my best knowledge the food is kosher bediavad. (unless the pot was known to be treif before but then it would need kashering before toiveling as well). Toiveling is a separate mitzvah and should be done as soon as possible. But ask your Rav to be sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen