Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Chickem soup- need quick advice

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 27 2017, 1:21 pm
I started putting up chicken soup last night and got very busy. I put the chicken in with water and thought I would add the vegetables while it started cooking. It cooked on high for about 20 minutes than I lowered the flame, than completley gave up and put it in the fridge so it doesnt get sour. I'm only getting to it now.the pot still looks like water and chicken with some fats on top. it cooked for about an hour in total mostly on a low flame can a add vegtables and continue cooking it?

SYA

Post Fri, Oct 27 2017, 1:33 pm
It should be fine. Let the water boil again and then lower to a medium simmer for how you like it - heavier and richer taste needs more time while a lighter soup needs less time.

iyar

Post Fri, Oct 27 2017, 2:12 pm
I'm afraid your chicken soup might have a strong chicken-y taste because you let the chicken cook alone for so long. Your family might not mind. I'm not sure it would go over well at my end, so I'd throw in any combination of the following to cut the fatty poultry feeling:
A piece of fresh ginger, a small handful of peppercorns, a tomato, or if none of those are available, half a teaspoon of fresh lemon or lime juice.

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Oct 27 2017, 2:21 pm
I would be concerned that the chicken was still half-raw when you put it back in the fridge.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 27 2017, 2:26 pm
that is my question the chicken is half raw and not so soft is it ok will it be ok to finish up where I left off?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen