Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Hard time saying no

amother
White

Post Sun, Oct 29 2017, 11:42 pm
I grew up very spoiled, not bratty but bh never lacked. My husband grew up the opposite, poor and big family, never any extras ever. So let's say today we went to the grocery and there were cute stickers, I let my kids get. It was all of 2 dollars. And my husband says what's the need for getting it, why can't you say no. Bh we can afford it, it's not a huge purchase. When do you say it's time to say no? I would feel bad saying no to stickers, other examples are a new snack from the grocery , soda in the pizza store, ice cream from the ice cream truck in the summer (once a week). All small tbings, I'm pretty careful with money so its not that major....

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 7:30 am
Bump

Sadie

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 7:34 am
I would say that if you can afford it, and you enjoy giving them little treats, go for it. As long they don't whine/tantrum excessively when you do reserve your right to say no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers