Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is with this new style
1  2  Next

iamawesome

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:08 am
I'm getting a new wig and generally like to be stylish and put together. I've noticed that just about every fashionable person I know is wearing this new no bang wig style. Personally I think for the most part it looks really bad. People look older messier and uglier without any bang. Hence my dilemma. How do I get my new wig cut and styled? I really don't want to be a conformist and style my wig in a way that is super not flattering, yet I also don't want to be totally not instyle. And I live in the tri state area so it makes a difference.

justmarried:)

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:12 am
You should get something that flatters your face and are comfortable with. A good sheitel macher will know what’s up to date and what look you can pull off. The no bang look was in for a while already. And personally I like it. Can’t stand hair in my face. But get whatever your comfortable with.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:12 am
I must look really old, ugly and messy

😭

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:20 am
I agree. Many people look messy or older in it. If you go to a good shaitel macher then she can style it in a way that makes you look good but yet stylish.

champion

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:21 am
People look older without a bang?? What

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:24 am
iamawesome wrote:
People look older messier and uglier without any bang.

I think the opposite and never had bangs even when it was trendy. LOVE no bangs. Hate bangs.

simba

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:30 am
The trick with no bangs is alot of baby hairs and ideally a lace front sheitel.
I got one recently (alomst 2 years ago!) and love it. so young and fresh..

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:06 am
Why do you consider bangs a style? If it looks good on you, go for it with a fresh cut that's up to date. There's so many versions of bangs, straight across, side, heavy, light, fridge, long, short, rounded to face. Always cut to frame your face, and you'll be sure to look stylish.

Mevater

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:10 am
Can someone please post some pics of variations of the new look?

TIA

glamourmom

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:13 am
I think the not-so-new away from the face style is particularly young looking. anyone can pull it off depending on the rest of the cut but it's so fresh and cute for young women. besides it's so comfortable and easy to wear, imo.
that being said, please get the style you like and feel confident in.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 12:58 pm
Link to example please? Because I'm not getting how a lack of bangs would make someone look old or messy.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 1:01 pm
champion wrote:
People look older without a bang?? What

The pin back style can make some people look older. I noticed it by a few people. It has to be styled well in order for some people to look good.

fbmommy

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 1:03 pm
I did a long bang, cut under my ear, which doesn't have the short bangs but has some style to it

cm

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 1:58 pm
It requires a lot of fussy care to wear a wig without bangs, and not everyone can pull it off. Wigs tend to look "wiggy" if the hairline is exposed or the hair is pulled back. OP, wear it the way you think it looks best. A classic style is better than an unflattering fad. Perhaps longer, sideswept bangs would look more modern than a short fringe.

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 2:02 pm
The new pinned away from the face style looks terrific on very young women, but not so much on middle aged or older women. After middle age the face begins to subtlety lose fullness and elasticity, which makes height, layers, and face enhancing bangs very flattering. The older the woman, the more flattering a full, face framing, shorter shaitel/hair style becomes, and the more a severe, long style will age her.

mom2dkay

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 3:05 pm
I think op is referring to any style with shorter layers in front and sides, like side bangs or angles, not specifically straight bangs on the forehead.

In my opinion, it DOES make women look messier and uglier, as it seems to have no shape.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 3:31 pm
NO. Let every woman decide. Plus rules are made to be broken when they're not halacha. Seriously. Once upon a time people even wanted to decided which colours you were allowed to wear as a brunette/blond/redhead. NO.

nw11

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 3:46 pm
I just got a new wig and my sheitel macher and I both agreed that I need some kind of fringe/bangs to frame my face or I look awful. I'd rather look that bit less trendy but not cringe at pictures of myself in ten years time. I ended up with a gorgeous cut that is not 100% trendy (the rest of the wig was cut trendily, just not the forehead part) but suits me so well, and the compliments are pouring in...

nicole81

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 4:11 pm
cm wrote:
It requires a lot of fussy care to wear a wig without bangs, and not everyone can pull it off. Wigs tend to look "wiggy" if the hairline is exposed or the hair is pulled back. OP, wear it the way you think it looks best. A classic style is better than an unflattering fad. Perhaps longer, sideswept bangs would look more modern than a short fringe.

I have a few wigs with no bangs. I wear naturally wavy and loose curl wigs and they require no fussing aside from spraying and combing out the knots after wearing and sometimes mussing up the front for a few seconds. FWIW, I think my wigs look awesome and not wiggy at all Smile

lavenderchimes

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 5:07 pm
You should get what you like, what makes you feel good about the way your look. Different women have different taste, and different things look good only on certain face shapes.

I look horrible in bangs, and always have -- just because of the shape of my face and height of my forehead (or lack thereof.). I would not get bangs if every woman in the world had them. I do better with face-framing layers and a side-swept look with a side part. Zehu.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels