Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Training 7 month old to sleep through the night

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 4:35 pm
I just moved my 7 month old to his own room and am trying to get him to sleep through the night. (He was still waking up at least 2 or 3 times a night) So, last night I decided - this is it. He woke up at 2 a.m. and I didn't go get him and just let him cry. I was determined to stick it out. He fell asleep after 2 hours of crying! Then he woke up at 6:15 and I nursed him. It was torture- my husband and I were up the entire 2 hours. I felt so guilty! But I felt like I was really doing the right thing. I know he's not hungry and he'll have a better sleep once he can fall back asleep on his own without crying and sleep through the night. I hope he will cry for less tonight. I'm just writing to vent and also maybe to get some words of support and encouragement.

rivkag

Post Wed, Oct 17 2007, 4:49 pm
I also sleep trained my baby when she was around that age, it's really hard in the beginning but it will get easier, I am so happy that I did it! She is 21 months now and sleeps very nicely alreay for months. It didint even take so long to train her but I was lucky she never cried for 2 hours, the longest she cried was like 30 min and it went down really fast, after 3 days it was down to 10 min.
A lot of people on this site will tell you that you are crazy for doing this but if you believe in it than do it dont let other people tell you what to do. I wont tell someone else to do this if they believe in the family bed,if that s how they want to do it thats fine, I think each method is good it depends for who.
good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics