Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Lakewood psychologist

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:06 pm
Who is the top psychologist to go to who will work with both a child and parents.

I don't care about insurance at this point.

Please don't tell me about the social workers at chemed.

giselle

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:37 pm
Honestly there are very few psychologists in Lakewood. I wonder if tzipora koslowitz might be able to help.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:39 pm
I would be willing to go out of lakewood too

giselle

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:44 pm
Did you try calling relief?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:49 pm
Is the child male or female? How old?

Tziporah Koslowitz does work with parent and child, she is supposed to be excellent but I don't personally know anyone who used her.

How would the child feel about seeing someone who isn't Jewish? I have some ideas but don't want to send you somewhere that isn't a good fit for you and your family.

Can you pm me?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:51 pm
giselle wrote:
Honestly there are very few psychologists in Lakewood. I wonder if tzipora koslowitz might be able to help.

Dr. Koslowitz is the only clinical child psychologist in Lakewood. I'm pretty sure when she works with a child, she also works with the parents at the same time. I used her way back when she was still a student therapist at NYU, and I used to travel into the city to see her. Now she's here in Lakewood. Her practice is usually pretty booked, but it's worth calling.

giselle

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
Dr. Koslowitz is the only clinical child psychologist in Lakewood. I'm pretty sure when she works with a child, she also works with the parents at the same time. I used her way back when she was still a student therapist at NYU, and I used to travel into the city to see her. Now she's here in Lakewood. Her practice is usually pretty booked, but it's worth calling.

She’s not the only one but the only other one I know works at Chemed and OP said she doesn’t want Chemed...

rikki 1

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:03 pm
Dr Hazimi has an office in Freehold. He comes in few times a week. He was recommended to me by Relief. Didn't end up using him for some reasons connected to my son.

Don't want to take achrayus. Double check with Relief that he's a fit for your child.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:05 am
honestly, I am not happy with Relief. I think in the beginning they were more helpful. Now when you call you get to speak to a young girl who is not so knowledgeable. I have called more than once and she was not helpful. Which is why I am asking here for some names. I know about tziporah koslowitz but I also know someone who has been using her for 1 yr for a similar issue with her child and has not seen results yet. Can you imagine paying $200 each week for a yr and you do not see results??? We have been to a few of the chemed social workers ... not helpful for my child at all (but there were times he enjoyed when they played games with him...)

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:07 am
Bec you specifically asked about psychologist, have been you the child psych at Chemed? (Leah Dembitzer)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)