Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Pathways school

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 3:17 pm
I'm looking for more information about this school- in terms of what type of children they service... Is there anyone who either sends there or teaches there who can just give me a synopsis of the specific issues that they target, whether or not the students need a specific diagnosis, and how they work in terms of DOE funding? Thank you!

cholenteater

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:25 pm
amother wrote:
I'm looking for more information about this school- in terms of what type of children they service... Is there anyone who either sends there or teaches there who can just give me a synopsis of the specific issues that they target, whether or not the students need a specific diagnosis, and how they work in terms of DOE funding? Thank you!

The school helps students who have language processing disorders. They do not service children who have only learning disabilities, as they are a focused primarily on processing issues. If the child has a processing issue as well as learning disabilities, they have a more thorough interview with the child to see if it's a good fit for the school.
I do not have info for your other questions, but they are questions that the Secretary should be able to answer without you having to give personal information. You can google their number (or of you would like I can for you! I don't mind calling them for info if you don't want to call.)

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Nov 09 2020, 5:54 pm
Bump
Does anyone have more info that they can share?

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 7:57 am
Let me start by saying that this is an amazing school serving children with very specific problems. The program is focused on children with dyslexia. They employ specific interventions in both limudei kodesh and chol. The classes are small and ieps to address the needs of each student are developed. The teachers are phenomenal. There are separate programs for boys and girls, and if a student is ready to mainstream, they will let you know. If your child does not belong there, because the program is unable to meet their needs, they will tell you. I have placed several students in this program with great success. I have yet to hear a negative word about this program, and strongly advocate for it. Hatzlocha rabbah for you and your child.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 8:17 am
Tzippy323 wrote:
Let me start by saying that this is an amazing school serving children with very specific problems. The program is focused on children with dyslexia. They employ specific interventions in both limudei kodesh and chol. The classes are small and ieps to address the needs of each student are developed. The teachers are phenomenal. There are separate programs for boys and girls, and if a student is ready to mainstream, they will let you know. If your child does not belong there, because the program is unable to meet their needs, they will tell you. I have placed several students in this program with great success. I have yet to hear a negative word about this program, and strongly advocate for it. Hatzlocha rabbah for you and your child.

Thanks for you response .
My child doesn’t have any learning disabilities- but has social difficulties (ASD).
I’m assuming that this is not appropriate for him at all and I shouldn’t even bother looking into it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)