Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Taking my daughter out of school early
Previous  1  2

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 5:28 pm
Is this a joke???
OP with all due respect, you cant be serious!

Vivid happy childhood memories are created by loving moms who DO take their child out of school, get their hair done, buy an ice cream cone, take off a day or more to go to Bear Mountain or watch the scenery from the lookout on the Palisades, or go to a movie or even a surprise outing to the beach or amusement park.
Don't think about it; just do it,
mazel tov and enjoy your child, the wedding and your family.

the teacher won't lose any sleep over anything and if she does... well you are the mother and the decision maker. one night wont make or break a good student or an average one.
: )

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 8:29 pm
We just had a bar mitzvah and we live out of town.
It was my oldest sister, and my oldest nephew becoming bar mitzvhah. Our kids are really close, so we went in with the entire family and the kids missed two days of school and didn't do hw. yes, my daughter got her hair done, and we were there for pictures...
If we didn't have to travel, I would have definitely taken my daughter out of school early.
And I am a teacher, and really value education, and my kids really know that! But this was a special simcha for us. You have to use your judgement on how much the simcha means to YOU personally and act accordingly. Mazal Tov!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics