Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Nespresso coffee machine?
1  2  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:20 pm
I would like to switch from my current kuerig to a nespresso. Some of my local shops serve this coffee and I really enjoy it.

Can someone who has one please tell me a little about it? Are the pods very expensive? How does it work with the milk? Which model do you have and why?

Also, if anyone sees any good holiday deals for one, please let me know.

Anon cuz I keep asking everyone about it but no one has one!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:33 pm
It’s expensive. It was on sale in Bloomingdales last week for $90. Maybe check online if it’s still on sale.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:36 pm
amother wrote:
I would like to switch from my current kuerig to a nespresso. Some of my local shops serve this coffee and I really enjoy it.

Can someone who has one please tell me a little about it? Are the pods very expensive? How does it work with the milk? Which model do you have and why?

Also, if anyone sees any good holiday deals for one, please let me know.

Anon cuz I keep asking everyone about it but no one has one!

I have one and would be happy to answer any of your questions.

They have two lines of machines - originaline and vertuoline. The originaline is the older of the two and makes cappuccino and espresso (depends on the model you choose - they each work differently) the pods cost .70-.80 cents depending on the flavor. This is what I have and I love it.

I don't have the vertuoline but the website explains it has the added choice of making coffee (not sure what that means - maybe more water??) the pods start at $1.10

I have the umilk which they have since discontinued. I bought it for the many options and sleek look. It has the frothed attached on the base.

As a side point their customer service is superb.

Let me know if you have other questions

chayamiriam

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:40 pm
I love mine but pods are expensive and only can be purchased on line. The coffee is delicious and I love having it in the morning!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:44 pm
Thanks all who replied!

I would spend up to 250 dollars.

I am so confused about all the different models and options!

I would like to be able to make lattes and cappuccinos. Want to be able to use my own milk (not pods). How does the milk part work? What is the cleanup after each use?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 8:58 pm
Also what's with toiveling?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:06 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks all who replied!

I would spend up to 250 dollars.

I am so confused about all the different models and options!

I would like to be able to make lattes and cappuccinos. Want to be able to use my own milk (not pods). How does the milk part work? What is the cleanup after each use?

There are machines to be gotten for $250 but they have a 40% off sale once a year - maybe wait for that and get more for your money.
The pods are just the coffee. There is a separate (or attached depending on the model) frother that you use for your milk and then add the frothed milk to the brewed coffee.

Ask your LOR about toiveling

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:08 pm
I have a Nespresso Pixie. Took it to Star-K and they said not to toivel it.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
There are machines to be gotten for $250 but they have a 40% off sale once a year - maybe wait for that and get more for your money.
The pods are just the coffee. There is a separate (or attached depending on the model) frother that you use for your milk and then add the frothed milk to the brewed coffee.

Ask your LOR about toiveling

Thanks! Do you know when that sale takes place?

Also, how does the milk frother work? How complicated is it to clean?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:55 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I have a Nespresso Pixie. Took it to Star-K and they said not to toivel it.

Thanks! I guess I will ask once I know which Model I get.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:56 pm
I'm still very confused about all the different models. Tried reading up on them and got even more confused!

Can anyone help clarify?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 11:26 pm
I have the Vurtuoline version. I believe it is the latest model. You need to buy the pods from them. There is a choice of coffee pods and espresso pods. The coffee ones cost $1.10 each and the espressos are about .80. There are many flavor options of each type. The coffee pods are larger and the machine brews automatically brews abt 6/7 oz when you use them. The espresso pods only make abt 2/3 oz. Sometimes I run the machine 2 or 3 times with an espresso pod if I want the amount of a coffee.
The milk frother is not attached to the machine. It has its own plug and is super easy to clean. It can be rinsed out after each use. You use your own regular milk and has an option to froth the milk hot or make it cold for iced coffees. You do not need to use it and can just pour regular milk into the coffee without frothing it.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 12:03 am
amother wrote:
I have the Vurtuoline version. I believe it is the latest model. You need to buy the pods from them. There is a choice of coffee pods and espresso pods. The coffee ones cost $1.10 each and the espressos are about .80. There are many flavor options of each type. The coffee pods are larger and the machine brews automatically brews abt 6/7 oz when you use them. The espresso pods only make abt 2/3 oz. Sometimes I run the machine 2 or 3 times with an espresso pod if I want the amount of a coffee.
The milk frother is not attached to the machine. It has its own plug and is super easy to clean. It can be rinsed out after each use. You use your own regular milk and has an option to froth the milk hot or make it cold for iced coffees. You do not need to use it and can just pour regular milk into the coffee without frothing it.

Thank you! I appreciate that you took the time to explain this.

What is the difference between all the different models then? There are so many options, yet in the end, you end up with the same cup of coffee....

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 12:26 am
amother wrote:
Thank you! I appreciate that you took the time to explain this.

What is the difference between all the different models then? There are so many options, yet in the end, you end up with the same cup of coffee....

The machines make the same coffe but the difference is with ease of use, programmability and aesthetic.

My umilk actually has the option for three sizes - I believe it is 2,3,5 oz of water. You fill the water "container" put the cup under the spout insert the capsule and push the button to start the machine. No cleaning needed. Pour the milk in the frother push the button and pour into the cup when light turns off. Rinse with water when done (only the frother).

I mentioned their great customer service- maybe try calling for advice on which machine to get. If you are worried about the cost of the capsules after definitely stick to originaline - coffee is great and pods are cheaper

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 9:16 am
Thank you!

Pp, I thought it was cute that your color was coffee!!

Any other advice will be appreciated or any good deals posted!

ces

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 10:50 am
I have the latissima and I'm really happy with it. It's in the original line series. It includes a milk attachment that steams and froths the milk directly into the cup and then brews the coffee into the same cup. It's truly one step. The milk container can be kept in the fridge so you just empty and clean it twice a week or so. It's more authentic than using the separate frother they also sell which is heating and whisking the milk rather than steaming it. It should go on sale sometime in the next month or two

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 12:59 pm
I also have the latissima. Every morning I look forward to my latte
Just make sure to wash the removable parts in the dish washer once a week

nicole81

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 1:01 pm
I have the separate frother and it's super easy to clean.

samantha87

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 3:21 pm
I saw a demonstration of one of their new VertuoLine system machines at Bed Bath and Beyond. Pretty much like coffee amother said. The regular coffee comes out with a crema, like espresso, which is interesting and very tasty. The downside is the expensive pods, which at $1.10 cost around 5 times the price of regular fresh bulk coffee.

They claim the pods are aluminum and well sealed, so the coffee will stay fresh. The model (with milk frother) they were demonstrating was $250, and eligible for the 20% off coupon, so really only $200.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 6:51 pm
Thanks! Getting excited to buy one!

If anyone sees a good offer out there, please post!

As well as any other words of wisdom before I get mine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics