Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Whats the healthiest

tomboy1

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 10:45 am
Between all kindsa breads n challahs, whats the healthiest option???

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 10:54 am
I've been baking gluten-free bread/challah for a long time with Rory's Oat Dough Mix and am finding it to be filling, nutritious, and very satisfying.

rgr

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 10:59 am
Sour dough breads are supposed to be healthier and more digestible

tomboy1

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:07 am
BasMelech120 wrote:
I've been baking gluten-free bread/challah for a long time with Rory's Oat Dough Mix and am finding it to be filling, nutritious, and very satisfying.

I want good edible challah for someone n my family who eats too much breads all the time, especially shabbos n gains from it... I do watch rory on instagram and im tempted to try it. But not for a challah unless someone is allergic id have no choice
Thanx

tomboy1

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:09 am
rgr wrote:
Sour dough breads are supposed to be healthier and more digestible

I heard it can actually make u lose weight.. I need to get that starter mushroom first...was wondering though if anyone can tell me more about spelt. What is it, how much healthier/lightet is it etc

Last edited by tomboy1 on Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:10 am
I've used spelt in the past. The bread/challah will come out quite dry and crumbly (or that's how it's been for me anyway.)

I'm not sure about the nutritional values of it.

yogabird

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:18 am
Spelt is a variant of wheat. Some people that have issues with wheat find it more tolerable. It does have less gluten. Nutritional profile is probably similar to wheat, maybe a little different on some of the micro. 90% of spelt on the market is organic, so you're getting a lot less glysophate too (though not none, even organic grains have glysophate, there's even a theory that a big percent of people who can't tolerate wheat actually have a glysophate allergy.

As far as "healthy" it really depends on the people. Whole wheat will have more nutritional value than white spelt, but a lot more gluten and more inflammatory. Gluten free will have less nutritional value, but is also a lot less inflammatory than wheat and spelt so healthier for people that have any sort of gut, autoimmune or inflammatory issues (which is a big percent of the population...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads