Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Please direct me. First time

tomboy1

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:04 am
In what kinda pan do I make it "so it doesnt stick to the bottom of pan"?
A t-fal? Regular pan I fry eggs in?? Or an aluminum pot the shape of a pan??
Do I use parchment paper???
Give me instructions plz, start low flame or high flame...etc
Tia

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:07 am
Is this the first time you're making kugel? If so, maybe try a baked recipe, such as potato kugel, easy Yerushalmi kugel ("mock Y kugel"), etc.
All I can say is, follow directions. If the directions aren't 100% clear at every step, e.g. vague quantities, go back to whoever gave you the recipe. Hatzlacha!

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:08 am
tomboy1 wrote:
In what kinda pan do I make it "so it doesnt stick to the bottom of pan"?
A t-fal? Regular pan I fry eggs in?? Or an aluminum pot the shape of a pan??
Do I use parchment paper???
Give me instructions plz, start low flame or high flame...etc
Tia

One tip - keep the flame low.
It might help if you say what the recipe is, or what you're making, so that we can better help you Smile

tomboy1

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:14 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Is this the first time you're making kugel? If so, maybe try a baked recipe, such as potato kugel, easy Yerushalmi kugel ("mock Y kugel"), etc.
All I can say is, follow directions. If the directions aren't 100% clear at every step, e.g. vague quantities, go back to whoever gave you the recipe. Hatzlacha!

No first time in a pan. I dont really have a specific recipe. I guess 1 egg per poatato salt pepper n oil... question is if I can add water to recipe too like I do when I bake it

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:18 am
tomboy1 wrote:
No first time in a pan. I dont really have a specific recipe. I guess 1 egg per poatato salt pepper n oil... question is if I can add water to recipe too like I do when I bake it

Ah. I would get a specific recipe. Too many variables. Hatzlacha!

BasMelech120

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:20 am
tomboy1 wrote:

Ah, ok! I love kugel in a pan! Absolutely delicious. So, change my previous advice - now that I know it's kugel, I would actually say to keep the flame high for the first 15 minutes or so, then turn it to medium/low. Make sure the pan is slightly oiled so that you can easily flip the kugel.

I've always made kugel in a pan with the same recipe as I make it in the oven. If you always add water, you can add water here as well. (Personally, I usually do not add water).

Bon apetit!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 11:21 am
BasMelech120 wrote:
Ah, ok! I love kugel in a pan! Absolutely delicious. So, change my previous advice - now that I know it's kugel, I would actually say to keep the flame high for the first 15 minutes or so, then turn it to medium/low. Make sure the pan is slightly oiled so that you can easily flip the kugel.

I've always made kugel in a pan with the same recipe as I make it in the oven. If you always add water, you can add water here as well. (Personally, I usually do not add water).

Bon apetit!

Live and learn ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes