Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are you your own boss. What do you do.
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 8:01 pm
I used to own my own recording studio. I was my own boss, but in a way I wasn't since my clients always had demands and expectations...
Now I make the graphics for a company. I work at my own time though technically I do have a boss.

Boca00

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 8:47 pm
oliveoil wrote:
What a strange response.

I think she means that it's not necessarily easier to "be your own boss" as the clients technically become your boss in many industries.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 9:23 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I think she means that it's not necessarily easier to "be your own boss" as the clients technically become your boss in many industries.

I understand, but the question was essentially "do you work for yourself and if so what to do you do?"

When you work for yourself or are you own boss, you have the ability to drop those clients if you feel they are too demanding.

Boca00

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 9:56 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I understand, but the question was essentially "do you work for yourself and if so what to do you do?"

When you work for yourself or are you own boss, you have the ability to drop those clients if you feel they are too demanding.

True, but only if you can afford it (or afford getting a "reputation").

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 10:35 pm
for close to 10 yrs I owned a website. I thought I was my own boss and that was a great feeling. After selling my business I have not worked in the last couple of years. That I think is what it means to be your own "boss". I do not have to get work done for anyone anymore. (for some reason I am not a lady of leisure either ...I do have a family/small kids)

OP- are you looking for ideas to start your own business?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 11:23 pm
littleprincess wrote:
Love love love your work!!!

Thank you!!!

I think I like the business more than the photography. The challenge of marketing and improving my work and the million other things involved, aside from taking photos. Which is why I often participate in these business threads. But I don't yet understand the point of this thread!

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 11:41 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Photographer. If you're curious check out Instagram.com/chaya_braun_photography

Are you looking for ideas about starting your own business?

you're really good! Most important you seem to like what you do which is the most important thing about an occupation.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Nov 04 2017, 11:52 pm
Ruchel wrote:
You can have your own hours but you're never your own boss except maybe if you rent apartments to people, and even then, you owe them some services depending on location, and if they decide to not choose you then...

Being your own boss means you get to choose what work you do and for whom you do it. Not that you don’t work at all.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 12:05 am
amother wrote:

OP- are you looking for ideas to start your own business?

I currently work in the accounting dept of a company. I have very little job satisfaction and I have little kids and am not willing to put in more hours so there is no room for growth. I dream of owning my own business. Nothing major I just need to bring in 50 60k. Only I dont have an idea or connection or much investment so.....

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 12:54 am
I'm an elecrologist/laser technician.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 2:28 am
Seamstress, minor sewing and alterations
And interior design

It's all on getting your name out and building a reputation.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 3:57 am
andrea levy wrote:
Being your own boss means you get to choose what work you do and for whom you do it. Not that you don’t work at all.

Not what I wrote.

Oliveoil feel free to block me if you don't like my answers. Sheeesh. What's going on on this board?!

I stand by my answer.

You're rarely ever your own boss. You can have your own hours and if you are very lucky, pick and choose your clients. By the time you can dump someone getting annoying in the middle of your mission, you're probably already wealthy enough not to mind people knowing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics