Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New areas near Monsey (not chassidish)?
1  2  Next

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 8:47 pm
I’ve heard that there are a number of new-ish areas (RWMO or yeshivish) where people are just starting to move to, in Monsey. We’re looking for a very small neighborhood (even just a minyan for now) that’s looking to grow. Can anyone give more information on this? We’re more OOT, and so that would be ideal...sort of like what Chestnut Ridge was five years ago, I think.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 8:50 pm
New City
Certain areas of chestnut ridge would still fit the bill (Dexter Park and Scotland Hill area)
New up the hill in Hillcrest

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 8:54 pm
Pomona, other side of the 45. Realtors have listings there.
new hempstead, across from new square. they have a shul

Pearl river, neighboring to Chestnut ridge

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 8:56 pm
Thanks for the quick response! Is there an eruv map or between a particular group of streets? Particular realtors that you’d recommend for these neighborhoods?

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! Is there an eruv map or between a particular group of streets? Particular realtors that you’d recommend for these neighborhoods?

check out https://www.thecommunityconnections.com/ for listings.
Reality teams is one of the local realtors. There are so many. they advertise in the classified.

https://www.rocklanderuv.org/

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:01 pm
momX4 wrote:
Pomona, other side of the 45. Realtors have listings there.
new hempstead, across from new square. they have a shul

Pearl river, neighboring to Chestnut ridge

They call themselves new up the hill. Really nice ppl actually - went to check it out m/s.

Pomona, other side of 45 is not yeshivish at all. it's more like the typof who were the founders of lipa's airmont 10 years ago...

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:03 pm
People are moving to Haverstraw as well

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
They call themselves new up the hill. Really nice ppl actually - went to check it out m/s.

Pomona, other side of 45 is not yeshivish at all. it's more like the typof who were the founders of lipa's airmont 10 years ago...

So it’s different than New Hempstead?

Across from New Square makes me a little nervous.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:13 pm
momX4 wrote:
check out https://www.thecommunityconnections.com/ for listings.
Reality teams is one of the local realtors. There are so many. they advertise in the classified.

https://www.rocklanderuv.org/

But these are ones that would know the new places as well? And the differences in communities?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:13 pm
News Flash: at the rate the Monsey area is growing majority of the neighborhoods even the outskirts will become more or less Chasidish. Some will take 5 years and some 2 years. All areas that have been mentioned have chasiddim living there too.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:15 pm
amother wrote:
But these are ones that would know the new places as well? And the differences in communities?

Being the wife of an agent I would say never go by what a realtor says. My DH is disgusted with the business. The realtors will lie and say anything to get you to buy. Please find out from actual people that live there

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:

Im talking about Pomono neighborhood that includes Thiells Mountain. Reality Teams built houses in that neighborhood as well. I have no clue who is buying there.

Pomona over the 202 is very mixed crowd. There is a few shuls, including Lubavitch. I know plenty of people living there that never had any connection to chasidish. I dont believe in labels. They are frum and jewish.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:18 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
News Flash: at the rate the Monsey area is growing majority of the neighborhoods even the outskirts will become more or less Chasidish. Some will take 5 years and some 2 years. All areas that have been mentioned have chasiddim living there too.

I doubt it. Wesley Hills is not becoming Chassidish and is a very nice growing community for many years. I don't know of any Chassidim moving to Haverstraw.

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
So it’s different than New Hempstead?

Across from New Square makes me a little nervous.

its called Up the Hill. They used to have a website, it seems to be gone. Its the streets between Hemstead road and the 45, not exactly across from New square,

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:22 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Being the wife of an agent I would say never go by what a realtor says. My DH is disgusted with the business. The realtors will lie and say anything to get you to buy. Please find out from actual people that live there

Would love to, but they’re not exactly jumping forward IRL..

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:

find a house and then check out the shuls around the neighborhood. speak to people living there and try to get the feel.

Never rely on the broker to be honest as to who lives there. If they dont know, they will lie. They may know a list of walkable shuls, you need to confirm that its walkable.

If you want to look at a specific community, see if you can connect with someone there and go for a shabbos

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:25 pm
momX4 wrote:
Im talking about Pomono neighborhood that includes Thiells Mountain. Reality Teams built houses in that neighborhood as well. I have no clue who is buying there.

Pomona over the 202 is very mixed crowd. There is a few shuls, including Lubavitch. I know plenty of people living there that never had any connection to chasidish. I dont believe in labels. They are frum and jewish.

Ah, ok. I’d heard of Thiells Mountain, but wasn’t able to get in touch with anyone who actually lived there. That was an area we’ve been thinking about, but really want to meet some people first..

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:27 pm
momX4 wrote:

If you want to look at a specific community, see if you can connect with someone there and go for a shabbos

This is what I’m trying to figure out. How does one find out who lives in a particular community? (I actually came back to imamother after a long hiatus in the hopes of finding someone..)

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
Ah, ok. I’d heard of Thiells Mountain, but wasn’t able to get in touch with anyone who actually lived there. That was an area we’ve been thinking about, but really want to meet some people first..

contact Reality team and they can help you find people living there.

momX4

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:31 pm
amother wrote:
This is what I’m trying to figure out. How does one find out who lives in a particular community? (I actually came back to imamother after a long hiatus in the hopes of finding someone..)

either from the broker or through the shul. some shuls in such communities have hospitality to help people see the neighborhood.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating