Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
My mum has cancer :( websites to assign people to tehillim?

Yael_D

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:47 pm
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a very long time, and before that tending to lurk. But a week ago my mum, who is 67, was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer, which had already spread to her hips, ribs & spine. No symptoms, just recently caught a chest infection when travelling and after a few with with no improvement on assorted antibiotics she was sent for a scan and that's when they saw they tumors.

Unfortunately lung cancer has a pretty bleak outcome - 1-2% chance of being alive in 5 years. But I believe Hashem gave her this cancer, and Hashem can take it away. It is still a very big shock and we are all falling apart.

A lot of my friends will help me out finishing sefer tehillim daily, but I was having problems finding a website where they can put their names down next to specific tehillim, so that was I don't have to assign people & contact them etc. Only websites I could find was ones where I put in her name and then it generates ones for me to say, and other people who are online etc., but I was more looking for something like takethemameal.com

Otherwise I guess I could set up a spreadsheet on google docs, but that way people could accidentally delete information etc.

Anyone know of something out there?

In the meantime, if you could please daven for Shoshana bas Lotte, I would be very grateful.

May all the cholim have a complete refuah!

Yael

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 7:58 pm
I'm sorry I can't help with the technicalities but I wanted to tell you to bump this as often as you'd like, and let us know if something does get set up.
May she have a refuah shleima and may she have peace of mind and minimal - change that to no pain.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 8:01 pm
I'm don't have an answer to your question but want to wish your mother a Refuah Shelaimah Bkarov. My mothers DH is going through stage IV lung cancer as well. It's really hard to watch our loved ones struggle in so much pain.
How do you pronounce Lotte? Is it like Lot-tea? Or a silent E like "Lot"? Just want to make sure I'm pronouncing the correct name when davening for your mother.

crust

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 8:08 pm
Refuah shleima
Wishing you strength.

Yael_D

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 9:08 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
How do you pronounce Lotte?

Thanks for the reply. It is more like "lot-ter" but softer on the end.

https://pkaudionew.herokuapp.com/Amy/Lotte

Thanks. I will try and write more later but I am running out the door to go with my mum to the oncologist

Water Stones

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 9:22 pm
I will daven for your mom.❤️

cbsp

Post Thu, Nov 09 2017, 11:46 pm
Does it have to be a website? I belong to several tehillim whatsapp groups.

Refuah shelaima!

myself

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 4:18 am
May your mother have a quick and easy recovery.

I don't know about a site that does exactly what you are looking for but why don't you set up a tehillim yahad page and forward to family and friends so they can say Tehillim from the designated page?

http://tehilimyahad.com/

Hatemywig

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 11:48 am
רפואה שלימה

mom92

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:25 pm
Refuah Shelaima!
I have seen people set up a google spreadsheet for something like this.You can put in all the perakim 1-150, and everyone can put theirnamein next to the perakim they will say.
sheets.google.com

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 5:51 pm
Meanwhile, every time this thread gets bumped I say a few perakim of Tehillim. Refuah shleima!

smilingmom

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 10:48 pm
If you want, you or your mother want, you can contact me.
I was diagnosed with inoperable stage 4 lung cancer almost two years ago, with metastasis to the brain, spine and bones.
Thank G-d, all the tumors in my lungs, brain and spinal fluid have disappeared. The bone metastasis are still there but do not cause me any pain.
I wish your mother a Refuah Shlaima and if you want to talk please contact me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed