Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Poly-rayon

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 10:03 am
I got my young boys some poly-rayon suits for a wedding. They need to be washed, they say dry clean only, not so enthusiastic about paying for dry cleaning--but I do supposed that's what happens with suits. I have a washing machine with a gentle cycle--do you think they'd survive and then I can hang dry them? Or best to just dry clean them.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 10 2017, 2:17 pm
Wash the pants of the hand wash cycle. Lay them flat to dry and iron them with a flat sheet on top (sheet should go between iron and the pants) so the iron doesn't ruin them with a shiny plastic look.
Give the jackets in to clean otherwise the lapels never lay right again. You won't have to give the jackets in as often as you wash the pants if you spot clean them with a washcloth here and there.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
Wash the pants of the hand wash cycle. Lay them flat to dry and iron them with a flat sheet on top (sheet should go between iron and the pants) so the iron doesn't ruin them with a shiny plastic look.
Give the jackets in to clean otherwise the lapels never lay right again. You won't have to give the jackets in as often as you wash the pants if you spot clean them with a washcloth here and there.

Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry