Home

Driven day planner (amazing!)
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


chag334









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 6:53 pm
You must check this out. It is so beautiful and is metal plated on the edges, comes in a gorgeous box.. truly stunning. Amazing organizational and motivational tool. https://www.drivenday.com
No I am not paid or involved. Just a pleased customer. Shavuo tov!
Back to top

chag334









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 6:54 pm
Also it is a Hebrew and English calendar which revolves around our yt needs
Back to top

watergirl









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 6:54 pm
I’ve been drooling over that planner. I’m following it on fb and insta, waiting for a deal!
Back to top

chag334









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 6:55 pm
watergirl wrote:
I’ve been drooling over that planner. I’m following it on fb and insta, waiting for a deal!


I literally couldn’t believe how gorgeous is it. Worth it! It will help me plan out every day in advance like I never have
Back to top

Pooh









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 7:43 pm
The shatra 52 is also amazing and cheaper. https://shop.shaatraclub.com
Also not an ad, just a happy customer
Back to top

rainbow dash









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 7:49 pm
Looks interesting but not for that price. Sorry
Back to top

Rubber Ducky









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 8:33 pm
I co-produce The Balabusta's Daily Organizer — we're now in our 10th year. I was a fan and user of Balabusta before I became involved with it. Great organizer and more affordable than the others mentioned here. Link: http://balabusta.us/index.html
Back to top

chag334









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 8:55 pm
U guys are perhaps smarter comsumers than I. Smile the pretty packaging got me..
Back to top

chag334









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 8:55 pm
Consumers**
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 9:56 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I co-produce The Balabusta's Daily Organizer — we're now in our 10th year. I was a fan and user of Balabusta before I became involved with it. Great organizer and more affordable than the others mentioned here. Link: http://balabusta.us/index.html

I actually looked at this calendar a few times to buy it. The reason that I didnt but it is because the pages are quite thin and I prefer a more mainstream cover.
Back to top

Rubber Ducky









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 10:27 pm
OK, we are always open to suggestions to become even better. But thinner pages means less weight, especially important in the pocket edition; and lower cost, which is one of the reasons our larger planner still retails for only $18.

Sorry you don't care for the cover — we can't please everybody. Changing the cover to photographs of flowers (different each year) is one of the changes I made when I took over designing the planner eight years ago. Here is this year's cover:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Back to top

OutATowner









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 10:29 pm
I posted a thread recently...I would love something like the balabusta's choice as a student planer for my kids.
Back to top

Rubber Ducky









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 10:33 pm
I've received several calls from high school girls who are using the Balabusta as a student planner. We are seriously considering doing a student planner next year.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 11:14 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
OK, we are always open to suggestions to become even better. But thinner pages means less weight, especially important in the pocket edition; and lower cost, which is one of the reasons our larger planner still retails for only $18.

Sorry you don't care for the cover — we can't please everybody. Changing the cover to photographs of flowers (different each year) is one of the changes I made when I took over designing the planner eight years ago. Here is this year's cover:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I totally hear you. You cant please everyone! I prefer a more streamlined look (check out the link in the first post - like that, without the cartoonish torah, I cant take that out at my non jewish job with a torah on it). To each her own. The ladies in my book club all have yours and rave about it. That’s why I checked it out in the first place. I totally understand about the heavier weight paper, reason I like a thicker page is because you can see the pen marks on the other side. I tested it. I also tend to highlight my Pages and so it just won’t work. But your planner is very very popular, people rave about it, and I wish you a lot of hatzlacha.
Back to top

Rubber Ducky









  


Post  Sat, Nov 11 2017, 11:41 pm
Thank you for your comments. The stylized Torah with roses was already the Balabusta logo when I came on board. I saw no reason to change the heimishe look of the planner. If anything, my choices of cover photos and fonts have made it more feminine. The slightly retro flavor is part of its appeal.
Back to top

ValleyMom









  


Post  Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:09 am
I bought the Balabusta calendar as a teacher/mommy and loved the concept but the cover was not my taste. I jazzed it up with tiny stick on rhinestones and now every teacher in the teacher room wants to know where I bought my planner.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean


Post  Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:24 am
Would the balabusta offer a more simple cover at some point? The flowers are too much for my senses.
Back to top

Fox









  


Post  Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:31 am
I don't mind investing some money in a planner, but I want it to be truly worth the price and something that can be used and upgraded over time.

I would love to see the following features:

* Binder-style covers at various price points and in various styles that could be purchased separately. Day Timer, Day Runner, and Franklin Planners all used to have this feature, and it allowed you to add paper sheets or other items. Usually the planners used a proprietary hole-punch arrangement with the puncher sold separately. Refills for the new year were also sold separately.

* Software that integrates with the manual planner. I think a lot of us see the need for a manual planner but also like certain features of computer- or phone-apps. Ideally, I'd love to have a computer and/or phone app that could send things like menus, lists, phone books, or even just notes to be printed. I could then punch the holes and snap the insert into my planner.

* Additional accessories such as heavy-duty zipper pouches, calculators, and whatnot that can be added to the binder system.

* Downloadable freebies on a regular basis -- this seems to be part of the marketing of Driven Day, but from the photos, there's no way to easily add the downloads to the planner.

These are just ideas off the top of my head. I've used Balabusta's Daily Planner in the past, and I've been intrigued by the Driven Day marketing, but I would be more inclined to spend significantly on a binder system that could be used from year to year.
Back to top

watergirl









  


Post  Sun, Nov 12 2017, 7:42 am
Fox wrote:
I don't mind investing some money in a planner, but I want it to be truly worth the price and something that can be used and upgraded over time.

I would love to see the following features:

* Binder-style covers at various price points and in various styles that could be purchased separately. Day Timer, Day Runner, and Franklin Planners all used to have this feature, and it allowed you to add paper sheets or other items. Usually the planners used a proprietary hole-punch arrangement with the puncher sold separately. Refills for the new year were also sold separately.

* Software that integrates with the manual planner. I think a lot of us see the need for a manual planner but also like certain features of computer- or phone-apps. Ideally, I'd love to have a computer and/or phone app that could send things like menus, lists, phone books, or even just notes to be printed. I could then punch the holes and snap the insert into my planner.

* Additional accessories such as heavy-duty zipper pouches, calculators, and whatnot that can be added to the binder system.

* Downloadable freebies on a regular basis -- this seems to be part of the marketing of Driven Day, but from the photos, there's no way to easily add the downloads to the planner.

These are just ideas off the top of my head. I've used Balabusta's Daily Planner in the past, and I've been intrigued by the Driven Day marketing, but I would be more inclined to spend significantly on a binder system that could be used from year to year.


Fox, you and I should find an investor and go into business. I was just talking about these points over shabbos.

When I was in high school, I loved my Mead planner - it zipped all around, super durable, had dated or undated refills, so you could just replace the parts that you want. My address book was growing, not shrinking, so I always bought refills of that, for example. I kept it in college and through my first jobs and loved tossing in work related receipts, etc.

Evernote sells a notebook with reusable stickers that you can attach to a page and then take a pic and all the info is uploaded to the right place in your evernote application, which is angreat feature and I would love to see a planner incorporate this type of technology. And the notebook is Molskine which is luxurious and practicle (and comes with 3 months of a premium subscription so the cost is a wash).

I’m at that point where I’ve discarded my paper planner in favor of apps, and decided that I need 10 apps to do what one book can - I’m moving back to the paper planner.

The one that I’ve found is the best for me at this point is the one I’ve been using - the Heritage desktop one that Mesorah sends in Elul for a donation. I love that it is 18 months, from sep- next december. There is ample space for me to write stuff for each day, but its missing features that a true planner has. And I agree with the amother upthread - I cant take this planner to work. Its just too Jewish looking. I want something Jewish but stylish and elegant. The Mesorah one wont work for work.

Re: driven day’s downloadables - a binder would totally be helpful. I’m trying to MINIMIZE the floating papers in my life. I dont need more.

I wish the planner people could read this.
Back to top

seeker









  


Post  Sun, Nov 12 2017, 10:33 am
I did a lot of shopping around and concluded that I'm never going to find the perfect planner (I do like the looks of Passion Planner, though.) In the end what I use is an inexpensive little number I got from Walmart which has a lot of empty space so I can customize the way I use it even without having dedicated spaces for this and that. So far it's working out well, which is saying a lot because maintaining a planner has never been my strong point.

The one I have is similar to this https://www.walmart.com/ip/201...../487204058
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Has anyone here driven a moving truck?
by Atali
8 Tue, Mar 25 2008, 5:12 pm View last post
This is amazing amazing amazing!!!!! 11 Thu, Sep 08 2016, 5:52 am View last post
Please driven for my daughter write now!
by lee
21 Thu, Feb 02 2012, 11:52 am View last post
Please driven for my daughter write now!
by lee
4 Wed, Feb 01 2012, 8:07 am View last post
Need minivan driven from Far Rockaway or BRKLYN to Lakewood
by busydev
5 Sun, Sep 20 2015, 11:34 pm View last post

Jump to:  







Report offensive ad