Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
One kid sick after the next, going insane

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 10:27 am
Big DS had a virus for about two weeks. Then, baby got it and has been cranky, feverish, and clingy for the past week and a half. Now my middle son woke up this am barfing. Big DS is all better now, but little two are still sick. I took the two older ones to the dr and she said there isn't much to do but wait it out and give Tylenol for fever. Am I not supposed to leave the house as long as a kid is sick? We've been home for three weeks! I am allowing a lot more screen time, but still...I am so stir crazy! And want to put my baby down for two seconds! How do you survive when kids get sick one after the other?

Boca00

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:33 pm
Ouch, no fun. You must get out a bit before you go nuts! Can your husband watch the kids a little so you can get out?

Make sure to take care of yourself at home too- every single day. You've been giving non-stop, it's time to recharge yourself.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 12:59 pm
Is there a husband in this situation?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is there a husband in this situation?

Yes, he has a very busy schedule and is only home for 45 minutes while the kids are awake, even on Sundays.

zigi

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 2:04 pm
You can take them out for a walk if they stay in the stroller.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, he has a very busy schedule and is only home for 45 minutes while the kids are awake, even on Sundays.

Ok, he takes those 45 minutes plus some more while you go out at night. A walk, a bookstore, clothes shopping, whatever. But give yourself some time out of the house alone. It will save your sanity.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics