Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Plz recommend great pots!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 7:19 pm
Looking for a new set of milchig pots. My current ones were junky and the insides are chipping into the food!

Figured this time of year I could find a good deal on great pots.

What material should I look for - even cooking, nonstick. I don't mind spending on a good set but it has to be great...

Thx

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 8:06 pm
Avoid anything coated. Go for good, honest heavy stainless steel with copper or aluminum-clad or copper or aluminum core bottoms. The diff is that clad you can see on the outside and core you can’t.

Some people swear by enameled cast iron. The pros are excellent heat retention and almost “waterless” cooking. The cons are weight, cost, inability to kasher and the risk of finding slivers of glasslike enamel glaze in your food if the vessel chips.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 8:09 pm
Agreed. All those teflon coated pans are awful. I love All-Clad but any similar heavy stainless set will be very good.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 8:58 pm
I'm hoping to get the Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad (from Walmart) - it's pretty similar to All-Clad, good solid pots. A nice set is $300 to $400.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen