Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ohr Yehuda Interview prep?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:45 am
Can you tell me anything about the Ohr Yehuda (in Lakewood) interview? Mine (my sons? Smile ) is tomorrow. All I heard is that they don't ask him parsha questions, but rather general knowledge questions...whatever that means. Truthfully, I don't even know the official school rules. please take a minute to prep me!

keym

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:13 am
My sons interview, 5-6 yrs ago, different school, they didnt ask many parsha questions. They asked what the parsha was, what aleph bais he was up to, would he prefer to do aleph bais from the blue, green, or orange book (to make sure he has color knowledge). He was asked to read a page of aleph bais up until what he learned. Maybe the menahel made some small talk with my son again to assess that he is basically on par with other boys his age. Then he was given crayons and paper and he colored on the floor while dh and I talked.
Maybe things are different in this school or things have changed but I dont think you need to worry about your son.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:10 pm
I wouldnt worry about it, alot of kids are shy anyways, I dont think schools base your acceptance on what he answers them.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:00 pm
Thanks for your responses.
Anybody can tell me what types of questions I can expect them to ask me?
How long should the interview last?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:06 pm
I just went to a few boys school interviews. They ask alef bais until yud, from the alef binah. Colors and shapes using a fish toy. Some parsha basic questions. Really not bad. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics