Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sound therapy

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:46 am
Has anyone tried this for a child struggling w/ academic issues? Does this work?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:47 am
Are you talking about FastForward? I know people who have had hatzlacha with this.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:52 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Are you talking about FastForward? I know people who have had hatzlacha with this.

No! Not FF. Its some type of listening to music / sound at different frequencies to affect different parts of the brain.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
No! Not FF. Its some type of listening to music / sound at different frequencies to affect different parts of the brain.

It's meant for sensory issues, right? I heard of this, but I don't know anyone who tried it. Sorry, was just trying to be helpful!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 2:44 pm
The child wears a headset that plays filtered classical music. The sound is beautiful, not weird at all. It can be an effective therapy depending on the challenges of the child.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:27 pm
I use it for sensory issues, auditory processing, and emotional regulation for both my family and others. I have not heard of any effectiveness as a fix for academic issues that are exclusive to those, though many times kids struggle in school as a result of those issues and then one could expect some improvement to the extent that sensory/emotional/processing was interfering with learning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics