Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Laptop for TeamViewer only

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:41 pm
Hi,
I decided that I want to start working from home, I don't have a laptop.
In order for me to be connected to the office Network I can only work from TeamViewer.
I don't want to pay much, but I want it to be convenient. I don't want a small screen. Which laptop would you recommend?

Thanks in advanced

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:57 pm
Teamviewer for work updates or to actually complete your work that way?

I personally think it would be very hard to work through Teamviewer since it's much more clunky than using your own machine. We use it to help clients having trouble with our software though I would never be able to get all my work done that way. Can they not install it on your computer or give you online access to the network?

Fox

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:58 pm
I use a Chromebook. It's not a perfect solution -- a bigger screen would be nicer, as well as some true laptop features. You might also want to get a full-size keyboard to attach to it. That said, the price is good; you can get one for $100-$130.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 7:13 pm
You can get a Lenovo or dell for $200-400 it needs to be minimum Windows 10, icore 5 , ssd and if you want a dvd drive which is rear todays days you can get it.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:52 pm
amother wrote:
Teamviewer for work updates or to actually complete your work that way?

I personally think it would be very hard to work through Teamviewer since it's much more clunky than using your own machine. We use it to help clients having trouble with our software though I would never be able to get all my work done that way. Can they not install it on your computer or give you online access to the network?

I work remotely at home over TeamViewer daily and it isn't at all clunky. At work I have two 24" monitors and at home I usually use a laptop with a 13.3" screen; not at all clunky. A lot depends though on the speed and reliability of your internet connection. And when I occasionally work remotely from a desktop with a 24" monitor I can't even tell that I'm working remotely.

MyUsername

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 5:41 pm
You can get a chromebook for a few hundred dollars, they go up to 15" (which is a reasonable size for a work laptop) and are much cheaper than their windows equivalents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics