Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ticket help

pecan

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 7:46 pm
Does anyone know who can help me in Brooklyn?
A. I got a ticket for a messy front lawn. We paid it. We got a letter in the mail that because it was wasn't paid,the penalty would be higher. We sent in a copy of the cashed check. The city sent us another letter with an increase in penalty! Doesn't make sense, who can help?
B. My husband got a ticket for running a red light. I was there, it had just turned yellow. Is there a lawyer who only charges if he wins or is not expensive here in Brooklyn?

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:16 pm
pecan wrote:
Does anyone know who can help me in Brooklyn?
A. I got a ticket for a messy front lawn. We paid it. We got a letter in the mail that because it was wasn't paid,the penalty would be higher. We sent in a copy of the cashed check. The city sent us another letter with an increase in penalty! Doesn't make sense, who can help?
B. My husband got a ticket for running a red light. I was there, it had just turned yellow. Is there a lawyer who only charges if he wins or is not expensive here in Brooklyn?

A) did you send the letter via registered mail?
B) was it a camera ticket or was it given in person?

pecan

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:52 pm
A. The first ticket was not sent registered mail. But the check was cashed. We sent the copy of the check to the city, and they sent it back to us in the same envelope that said we never paid it.
B. It was given in person.

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:28 pm
For the first, I would call 311 and see what they recommend. If that's not successful, you could call your city councilman's office and see if they can help. For the second, the lawyers who only charge if they win are for parking tickets; for a moving violation, they will charge no matter what, likely $250 and up.

pecan

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:43 pm
Thanks, we have called 311 and been transferred to numbers where noone picked up. Sounds like the city councilman is a good idea. This city really needs to get itself in order!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries