Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Shabbos right after Thanksgiving. would you serve turkey?

Alexandra1

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:23 pm
I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year. We plan to have company for Shabbos. Do you think guests would be happier to have a meal without turkey bec. they may have so much leftovers at home?

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:32 pm
Alexandra1 wrote:
I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year. We plan to have company for Shabbos. Do you think guests would be happier to have a meal without turkey bec. they may have so much leftovers at home?

We are friends with one family that has their Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday and another which has theirs Friday night and have never minded being invited to two turkey dinners in a row.

Miri7

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 12:53 pm
I think that something other than turkey would be a great idea. We will likely do fish.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:33 pm
Does anyone ever worry about serving chicken for shabbos when they or their guests might have already had chicken Thursday night?
I can't see why anyone would be put-off about Turkey two nights in a row, but if you're worried just have plenty of sides for anyone who is "turkeyed out".
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus