Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Need ideas- manhattan with 8 year old
Previous  1  2  3

happyfaces

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:21 pm
[quote="HeartyAppetite"]If he likes action, then I think he will get bored of gullivers gate. It is a very interesting place, but I could see a child getting bored there.[/quo
Double post

Last edited by happyfaces on Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

happyfaces

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:25 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
If he likes action, then I think he will get bored of gullivers gate. It is a very interesting place, but I could see a child getting bored there.

My kids were amazed!! They couldn't get enough...6 and 5 yo.

DVOM

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:30 pm
I'm so happy for you that you get to spend this kind of time with him! I hope your little guy knows what an awesome mom he's got, and all the effort and thought you're putting in to make this day special for him.

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:35 pm
Hi, National Geographic Ocean Odessy is so fun and amazing! It costs a lot, like $35 for adults. I don't know for children. There were lots of children there that it looked like they were enjoying it so much!!

giselle

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:38 pm
My kids loved gullivers gate, takes about an hour. They also love museum of natural history and Central Park. And don’t forget the m and m store in Times Square! One of their faves.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:43 pm
Seashells wrote:
Hi, National Geographic Ocean Odessy is so fun and amazing! It costs a lot, like $35 for adults. I don't know for children. There were lots of children there that it looked like they were enjoying it so much!!

Seasheshlls, you were there? You enjoyed it? I’m thinking of going With my husband. Is it for adults or only kids?
I read the reviews online, and most people said it was nothing major, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it?

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 7:43 pm
How did it go?? What did you end up doing? (Making a mental note to do something like this.)

Water Stones

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 8:16 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Seasheshlls, you were there? You enjoyed it? I’m thinking of going With my husband. Is it for adults or only kids?
I read the reviews online, and most people said it was nothing major, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it?

I was there, yes!
It was only me and dh and my infant baby. My older baby daughter did a play date with her cousins.

I don't know why people say it's nothing major. They made it like you're IN the water with the sea life, one part you wear plastic glasses for 3D and you think you're there in the ocean. There's music like calming sounds like if the ocean can talk it did!!

It's big! Walking to this attraction and that attraction of the oceans!

And the restrooom bathroom has seats away from the toilets so I nursed my baby there!

It was lots of children and lots of couples. It's amazing and fun and teaches too about sea life ocean conservation.

It's good for dates!!

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 8:37 pm
Seashells wrote:
I was there, yes!
It was only me and dh and my infant baby. My older baby daughter did a play date with her cousins.

I don't know why people say it's nothing major. They made it like you're IN the water with the sea life, one part you wear plastic glasses for 3D and you think you're there in the ocean. There's music like calming sounds like if the ocean can talk it did!!

It's big! Walking to this attraction and that attraction of the oceans!

And the restrooom bathroom has seats away from the toilets so I nursed my baby there!

It was lots of children and lots of couples. It's amazing and fun and teaches too about sea life ocean conservation.

It's good for dates!!

Thank you so much! Sounds good! I’m probably going to go visit.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 9:32 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Thank you so much! Sounds good! I’m probably going to go visit.

If you do go, please report back. The online reviews scared me away, especially considering the crazy prices they're charging.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 10:02 pm
Boca00 wrote:
How did it go?? What did you end up doing? (Making a mental note to do something like this.)

Nothing. I asked for ideas for tomorrow😀

Boca00

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 10:03 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Nothing. I asked for ideas for tomorrow😀

My bad. Enjoy and let us know how it goes tomorrow!

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 11:16 pm
doctorima wrote:
If you do go, please report back. The online reviews scared me away, especially considering the crazy prices they're charging.

Sure! I’m hopefully going to go Sunday, iyh.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 11:23 pm
Seashells, do they allow strollers there?

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:43 am
Their FAQ says no strollers allowed inside, but they can be checked at the front desk (https://natgeoencounter.com/visit/).

doctorima

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 2:49 pm
So how did the day in the city go? What did you end up doing?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children