Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rabbi Leiter defends Alabama Senate candidate Judge Moore
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 8:36 pm

Too funny for words! Rabbi Leiter makes some valid points, but if so many women are accusing Judge Moore.. can he be innocent?

This is wacko though:

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:00 pm
Oy.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 6:25 am
Do his organizations (Torah Jews for Decency and Help Rescue Our Children) actually exist or are they just him?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:26 am
While I can't comment on the rabbi, I did hear that the Democrat opposing Moore is very left wing and wants unlimited abortions and open boarders, from what I hear on conservative talk radio. So now people can decide between a possible child molester and someone who doesn't represent their views at all.

Last edited by southernbubby on Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:33 am
It's like a game of "would you rather."

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:38 am
allthingsblue wrote:

When we had a choice between Trump and Hillary, we had 2 bad choices. Same thing here.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:42 am
southernbubby wrote:
When we had a choice between Trump and Hillary, we had 2 bad choices. Same thing here.

Agree.

imasoftov

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:44 am
southernbubby wrote:
... from what I hear on conservative talk radio ...

I get all my news from late night TV monologues myself.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:50 am
imasoftov wrote:
I get all my news from late night TV monologues myself.

I have that station on when I am driving but those late night monologues are what I watch on Youtube when I am sewing or on the treadmill. I think it is important to hear both the liberal and conservative sides to an issue before rushing to judgment.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:52 am
southernbubby wrote:
I have that station on when I am driving but those late night monologues are what I watch on Youtube when I am sewing or on the treadmill. I think it is important to hear both the liberal and conservative sides to an issue before rushing to judgment.

Liberal side: molesting children is bad.
Conservative side: yeah but abortion rights are bad too.

How ever to decide???

Jeanette

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:01 am
southernbubby wrote:
While I can't comment on the rabbi, I did hear that the Democrat opposing Moore is very left wing and wants unlimited abortions and open boarders, from what I hear on conservative talk radio. So now people can decide between a possible child molester and someone who doesn't represent their views at all.

About 57% of the country supports a woman's right to an abortion. Not that they personally would choose abortion, just that a woman should have a right to make that choice. Does that mean 57% of the country is just as bad as a child molester?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:01 am
allthingsblue wrote:

Yes.
I'm scratching my head on the Franken thing. I assume that people put up with it while he was an entertainer, so many open secrets in that world (e.g. Harvey Weinstein et al). So why didn't anyone say anything when he ran for senate? Because Gd forbid that a Republican retain the seat. It was all for the greater good.

Why is it coming out now? Is it because the seat is solidly Democrat even if he should leave? is it because he was going to start revving up for 2020 and someone wanted him stopped him now? I guess that's my question on the Moore thing. (Though if the yearbook thing is true, it just goes to show how surprisingly stupid people can be.)

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:04 am
Jeanette wrote:
About 57% of the country supports a woman's right to an abortion. Not that they personally would choose abortion, just that a woman should have a right to make that choice. Does that mean 57% of the country is just as bad as a child molester?

Does everyone support abortion at a stage in pregnancy where the child could survive if born? Does everyone support unlimited immigration?

Jeanette

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:07 am
southernbubby wrote:
Does everyone support abortion at a stage in pregnancy where the child could survive if born? Does everyone support unlimited immigration?

Please make sure you are quoting Doug Jones actual opinions rather than as characterized in conservative media.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:07 am
Jeanette wrote:
Liberal side: molesting children is bad.
Conservative side: yeah but abortion rights are bad too.

How ever to decide???

He wasn't proven to molest anyone yet, it is only a group of allegations. It is always possible that the opposition in an election can get people to say that they were molested or se3ually harassed. Abortion when the fetus is viable is not as widely accepted as abortion early in the pregnancy.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:10 am
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/......html

Democrat Doug Jones disagrees with a ban on abortion after 20 weeks.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsvi......html

Here it is a bit ambiguous because Alabama law allows abortion until 22 weeks and he supports that except in medical emergencies where a later abortion is necessary. Some people feel that 20 weeks should be the upper limit and he opposes this restriction.

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:14 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Yes.
I'm scratching my head on the Franken thing. I assume that people put up with it while he was an entertainer, so many open secrets in that world (e.g. Harvey Weinstein et al). So why didn't anyone say anything when he ran for senate? Because Gd forbid that a Republican retain the seat. It was all for the greater good.

Why is it coming out now? Is it because the seat is solidly Democrat even if he should leave? is it because he was going to start revving up for 2020 and someone wanted him stopped him now? I guess that's my question on the Moore thing. (Though if the yearbook thing is true, it just goes to show how surprisingly stupid people can be.)

Truth is though that Franken at least apologized. All the others denied.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:17 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Truth is though that Franken at least apologized. All the others denied.

but between him and Harvey, people are wondering what is going on in the Jews' temples and why only the Xtians are being blamed for their inappropriate behavior

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:20 am
southernbubby wrote:
but between him and Harvey, people are wondering what is going on in the Jews' temples and why only the Xtians are being blamed for their inappropriate behavior

Huh?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:28 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Huh?

A caller to one of these talk shows was saying that he wondered why Xtians like Moore were targeted and their religion mentioned as a factor while Jews who were accused of the same thing never had their religion mentioned. He blamed their houses of worship and wondered what Chuck Shumer's temple was teaching him as well.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics