Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
UPDATE Another shopping problem for teen girls
1  2  Next

Water Stones

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:23 pm
The two girls wear a little makeup from the drug store. I want to buy then Kylie Jenner make up, but dh uncle (their father says no because it's Kylie Jenner. His wife said it's find that it's only makeup and their girls know how to apply it respectfully.

The girls want it
Father says no
Mother says yes

So what I can be able to do??

I EDIT to make UPDATE

Last edited by Water Stones on Mon, Nov 27 2017, 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

CDL

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:28 pm
Don't go against their father's wishes. Find something that pleases both parents.

Last edited by CDL on Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:28 pm
can you buy makeup form a different brand?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:30 pm
Why don't you buy a different brand?
There are so many other brands out there.
I don't either like supporting the Jenner/ kardashian clan...

Purple2

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 10:38 pm
Respect the he parents wishes. I’m a parent, I would say the same. Would never want Kardashian makeup. There’s about a zillion other makeup brands to purchase

imasoftov

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 6:19 am
Seashells wrote:
The two girls wear a little makeup from the drug store. I want to buy then Kylie Jenner make up, but dh uncle (their father says no because it's Kylie Jenner. His wife said it's find that it's only makeup and their girls know how to apply it respectfully.

How is the brand of the makeup relevant to this?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 7:57 am
No, you don't get to cause a fight. Even if I don't understand why the father knows brands.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 8:45 am
Why Kylie Jenner specifically? there are so many other makeup companies to choose from. Tarte, Mac, Smashbox etc... Go to an Ulta or Sephora. Personally, I would never buy Kylie Jenner products.

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 10:44 am
I agree that I wouldn't buy a specific makeup brand someone objected to because I personally despite the Kardashians and wouldn't want to subsidize their overpriced chazzerai.

The Kylie lip stuff is extremely hot among teens and sells out - sigh.

There are many equally trendy makeup stuff that would make your nieces the envy of their peers and you would be a heroine for gifting them. For example, the Fenty stuff flies off the shelf and there is a new eye palette of glittery eye shadow that is perfect for this age - if you can find it. Urban Decay does some incredible eye palettes - there release for the holidays is called Heavy Metal and has similar colors appealing to this age group and is super hot. If you wanted to give them a splurge on eye make up that is more everyday, any of their Naked Palettes are highly desirable and have gorgeous colors in subtle nude shades.

WInkylux makes a lip stain/lip balm with a real chrysanthemum in it - how cool would that be to whip out.

https://www.winkylux.com/produ.....D_BwE

Water Stones

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:05 pm
imasoftov wrote:
How is the brand of the makeup relevant to this?

Because it's very famous.

Water Stones

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:05 pm
Thank you for your help.

Water Stones

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:07 pm
Ruchel wrote:
No, you don't get to cause a fight. Even if I don't understand why the father knows brands.

He knows the name is not a good family.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 11:25 am
Seashells wrote:
Because it's very famous.

It seems to me that you're saying he disapproves of famous brands of makeup but not others, and if that's right, what's the reason?

DrMom

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 11:30 am
imasoftov wrote:
It seems to me that you're saying he disapproves of famous brands of makeup but not others, and if that's right, what's the reason?

I assume it's because the Kardashian family spearheads all that us wrong with vain, crass, untznius and uncouth materialistic celebrity low-life culture.

Edited to fix typos.

Last edited by DrMom on Sat, Nov 18 2017, 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

imasoftov

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 12:48 pm
DrMom wrote:
I assume it's because the Kardashian family spesrheads all that us wrong with vain, crass, untznius and uncouth materialistic celebrity low-rife culture.

If she told me that I would tell her, now I understand, but that's not the same as being famous.

Water Stones

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:33 pm
imasoftov wrote:
If she told me that I would tell her, now I understand, but that's not the same as being famous.

Ruchel ask how my uncle knows about famous make up. He knows the name of Kylie Jenner and Kardashians. They are a famous family, that's how he knows and how I know, too.

He didn't like it that I want to buy his daughters something from the family even that his wife disagree.

I only asked because its famous and I didn't know tbe best thing to do.

So do you understand now?

Last edited by Water Stones on Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:46 pm; edited 4 times in total

Water Stones

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:35 pm
imasoftov wrote:

I answered it.

Water Stones

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:37 pm
Thank you again, I understand what I should buy for them now.

Last edited by Water Stones on Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

BasMelech120

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
Why Kylie Jenner specifically?

Her lip kits are amazing.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 2:25 am
Seashells wrote:
Ruchel ask how my uncle knows about famous make up. He knows the name of Kylie Jenner and Kardashians. They are a famous family, that's how he knows and how I know, too.

He didn't like it that I want to buy his daughters something from the family even that his wife disagree.

I only asked because its famous and I didn't know tbe best thing to do.

So do you understand now?

The first appearance of the word "famous" in this thread was in response to me, not Ruchel.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics