Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
3 bedrooms in queens

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:38 pm
I live in Kew Garden Hills, Queens and I like the area. But of course, it's very expensive over here. We can't buy anything (especially not in Queens) so we were thinking of just finding a bigger apartment for rent. We're still living in a one bedroom with 3 kids. I know that two bedrooms is better than one, but I really don't want to be moving everytime. Is it possible to find a 3 bedroom apartment that's not a little more than $2000?? I found one around queens valley area but now it's not available anymore. We also don't want to leave the area because of my kids' school. Any ideas for where to find a 3 bedroom rent that's not overly expensive? or I guess we'll have to just go with two.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:47 pm
What about renting on the outskirts like by Hyde park gardens (if someone owns it they can sublet).

Or on the outskirts"" closer to union turnpike and main street, I think it is called Kew village??. I know of people who found cheaper rent there but I don't know details. If you pass by the coops there by 78 and main(that area), maybe you can find the number to call. There may be owners subletting which is usually cheaper than living in a tiny apartment in the center"" of town.

Good luck.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 12:53 pm
amother wrote:
What about renting on the outskirts like by Hyde park gardens (if someone owns it they can sublet).

Or on the outskirts"" closer to union turnpike and main street, I think it is called Kew village??. I know of people who found cheaper rent there but I don't know details. If you pass by the coops there by 78 and main(that area), maybe you can find the number to call. There may be owners subletting which is usually cheaper than living in a tiny apartment in the center"" of town.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 1:29 pm
I don't want to say it's impossible but I wish you luck. 2 bedrooms are going for around $2000, even a little over. I would say a 3 bedroom will probably be closer to $2500. And remember there's usually no such thing a great bargain. If an apartment is renting for below market value there's usually a reason for it. Either it's very small, not well kept, etc. We too love the area but it has definitely become very expensive. The other option would be to move out a little bit (like to Kew Gardens, Fresh Meadows, etc.). Rent is still high there but you might be able to get a little more for your money and kids can continue to go to the same schools.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
I don't want to say it's impossible but I wish you luck. 2 bedrooms are going for around $2000, even a little over. I would say a 3 bedroom will probably be closer to $2500. And remember there's usually no such thing a great bargain. If an apartment is renting for below market value there's usually a reason for it. Either it's very small, not well kept, etc. We too love the area but it has definitely become very expensive. The other option would be to move out a little bit (like to Kew Gardens, Fresh Meadows, etc.). Rent is still high there but you might be able to get a little more for your money and kids can continue to go to the same schools.

Any ideas for specific areas in fresh meadows for rent?
I was thinking somewhere near kew garden hills if we can't find anything worth it for $2000 or less.

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 17 2017, 2:04 pm
Highly doubt it. When we left KGH 3 years ago, our former landlord was able to rent the 3 bedroom we vacated for 2300. And we had been paying quite a bit less than that as the market rate had been a lot less when we first moved in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating