Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Trampoline for Toddler
1  2  Next

lucky14

Post Sat, Nov 18 2017, 11:39 pm
Thinking about buying one of those small indoor toddler trampolines. Does anyone here have one? Do you kids use it enough to justify the purchase? Which brand would you recommend?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 4:29 pm
I had one when I was little. I used it all the time, I think until I was around 12 (I was too heavy by then). It was a great purchase! I don't remember the brand, becaus eit was so long ago.

frumPA

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 4:46 pm
I bought one from target. My kids use it though not all the time. As with anything was more exciting in the beginning. Now my 2 yr old loves it the most.

gibberish

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:42 pm
We have the Little Tikes trampoline. It was one of the best purchases ever! We got one after our OT recommended one for one of my children. I think I got it on sale for $25.
It has helped one child with his coordination and it helped another child strengthen his bladder. I also send my young children on it when they need to let out energy. Totally worthwhile!

bargainlover

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 10:04 pm
Does it fit 2 kids?

lucky14

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:55 pm
gibberish wrote:
We have the Little Tikes trampoline. It was one of the best purchases ever! We got one after our OT recommended one for one of my children. I think I got it on sale for $25.
It has helped one child with his coordination and it helped another child strengthen his bladder. I also send my young children on it when they need to let out energy. Totally worthwhile!

Thanks everyone for your answers.
Since you've been happy with it I assume your little Tikes one has held up well? There are mixed reviews online. Also people were saying it's only good up until around 3 years old- do you think that's accurate?
There's another online (The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline) that's gotten good reviews- it's much pricier but can hold up to 150 pounds- is that necessary do you think? Does anyone have this one by any chance?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:58 pm
We had this for many years. Really sturdy fun musical trampoline.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jum.....h=sem

lucky14

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:

OK I'm debating if I should spend so much (cheapest I found was 70something + tax on amazon) but I decided if I'm going to get one it should probably be this one since the music will probably be even more motivation to jump. Thanks for showing me this one I hadn't seen it yet. I'll probably end up getting it.

bargainlover

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Can 2 kids use at once?

gibberish

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 11:58 pm
lucky14 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your answers.
Since you've been happy with it I assume your little Tikes one has held up well? There are mixed reviews online. Also people were saying it's only good up until around 3 years old- do you think that's accurate?
There's another online (The Original Toy Company Fold & Go Trampoline) that's gotten good reviews- it's much pricier but can hold up to 150 pounds- is that necessary do you think? Does anyone have this one by any chance?

Holding up well, except that the rubber on the handle is coming off due to toddler teething. It's definitely geared to younger kids, though my 5 year old still uses it regularly. I like that it's small and I can keep it indoors and it can be used in all types of weather. I wouldn't recommend anything musical since I would want the kids to be able to use on Shabbos.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:25 am
bargainlover wrote:
Can 2 kids use at once?

No. The bouncey surface is not that big but really perfect for a little one to hold onto steadily and have a great time. Older kids love it too. But it's dangerous to have 2 on a standard trampoline. AFAIK only those really large outdoor versions are meant to accommodate 2.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:36 am
OMG I forgot to tell you how difficult it is to put together! My dh needed his brother to come over to help with setting things up in the right direction, figuring out and pulling the elastic really taut, and he usually doesn't need any help. It was a big pain in the neck. But then we used it for many years after that and it was a much beloved toy/OT equipment.

jewish613

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:05 am
Bargainlover, I have no experience with it, but saw this trampoline which is made for 2 kids: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....lSrch

lucky14

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 2:40 am
OK so I did it and got the musical one! I read the amazon reviews before purchase so we've been well warned about the horrors of putting it together! :-p
As for shabbos I'm hoping it'll be easy to just take the batteries out (and then just put them back in after). Is this the case ra_mom?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 8:57 am
lucky14 wrote:
OK so I did it and got the musical one! I read the amazon reviews before purchase so we've been well warned about the horrors of putting it together! :-p
As for shabbos I'm hoping it'll be easy to just take the batteries out (and then just put them back in after). Is this the case ra_mom?

You need a screwdriver but it's not hard.
Wow, I wish we and one for our current little one. We miss it. Smile

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 11:19 am
I had one for a few years and got lots of use out of it until my kids demolished it. I'm looking to purchase one again. But we hate things that need lots of assembly time:) any recommendations?

Eta: I'm looking for older kids (ages 6-10) not toddlers....

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 12:34 pm
Can I jump in too to look for recommendations?
I'm considering purchasing a foldable trampoline with legs fold down and I could slide inder the couch when not in use.
For ages 5 to 11.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

rgr

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 12:42 pm
Ra mom did you find a booster? Graco is on sale on Amazon

gande

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 12:44 pm
amazon has a trampoline on sale today!

https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Fu.....9a272

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 1:03 pm
rgr wrote:
Ra mom did you find a booster? Graco is on sale on Amazon

Thank you! I didn't find one on sale. Which graco? I'd love an 80 pound 5 point booster convertible like the Graco Nautilus 80 Elite.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics