Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Staycation
1  2  Next

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:32 pm
We are planning a staycation during chanukah. We are going to pack up and go to a hotel for a night. Any ideas of things we can do while at the hotel. Fun chilled board games? Activities?

Already planning on going out to eat, a movie but what else can we do? My husband says well just hang out in our room but I want some ideas. Thanks!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:48 pm
amother wrote:
We are planning a staycation during chanukah. We are going to pack up and go to a hotel for a night. Any ideas of things we can do while at the hotel. Fun chilled board games? Activities?

Already planning on going out to eat, a movie but what else can we do? My husband says well just hang out in our room but I want some ideas. Thanks!

Personally I think your DH is right. You are going out to a movie and to eat. So when you get back you should be busy with each other in a relaxed atmosphere. Take a bath or shower together. Have intimate fun and enjoy this special time. That could be a lot of activity in itself. Unless you intentionally don't want it to be an intimate/zexual experience.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:53 pm
Depending on location & what you like to do e.g. build-a-bear, ceramics, museum, walk in a park if weather permits.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 1:58 pm
Some hotel rooms have a jucuzzi in it. Why don't you try to find one like that- the most unexpected hotels have them?
It can be lots of fun

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
Some hotel rooms have a jucuzzi in it. Why don't you try to find one like that- the most unexpected hotels have them?
It can be lots of fun

OP here- that was my one requirement for the hotel Smile

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
OP here- that was my one requirement for the hotel Smile

So which hotel is that? I'd love to arrange such a night out with dh.

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 4:23 pm
You can have a chocolate fondue, with marshmallows, pretzel sticks, fruits and different toppings. You. Hold also make s’mores in a sandwich maker. Or you could set up a fun scavenger hunt around the room while dh is in the shower. If you need ideas for the scavenger hunt let me know.

boat

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:

Curious, where do you plan to light menora?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:17 pm
We did this over thanksgiving one year. We got a nice hotel room with a fireplace. We had dinner at the hotel (deli sandwiches we brought with us), and just spent time together talking, walking around, flipping through all the tv channels repeatedly because we have no shared television interests... we had a nice time.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:01 pm
amother wrote:
So which hotel is that? I'd love to arrange such a night out with dh.

Use this website to find a hotel near you https://www.excellent-romantic-vacations.com

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:39 am
Go out. Staycation is a waste. DO something, then you can go home together for a romantic night.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 9:03 am
amother wrote:
Go out. Staycation is a waste. DO something, then you can go home together for a romantic night.

I don’t think it’s a waste at all. We love staycations!!

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 9:07 am
It's one night. Dinner, movie, and a jacuzzi bath sound like plenty of activity.

rachel0615

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:51 am
boat wrote:
Curious, where do you plan to light menora?

At home before we leave. :-)

unexpected

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:58 am
I love a good puzzle

imamother153

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:25 pm
How about a massage? Buy some good messaging oil or see if ur hotel has a spa that offers couple messages.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:38 pm
I like hearty appetite's idea.
You can also make your own spa. Dim the room. Light some scented candles. Make the room warm. Spread some fresh petals if you'd like. Put on some soft classic music.
And get the massages rolling or any other spa activity. Relax and enjoy each other!

InnerMe

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:

Everyone has different preferences, likes and dislikes.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 8:55 am
I thought a staycation is when you stay home.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:04 am
rachel0615 wrote:
At home before we leave. :-)

Careful with this. You should probably ask a shaila. AIUI you are supposed to light the menorah where you are sleeping. It's not quite the same halachos as Shabbos candles where you can light where you eat.

I've had situations which were complicated by this before, especially on Shabbos Chanukah. There may be a workaround possible because of "ner ish l'baiso" but it's definitely something to AYLOR.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics