Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Newborn photographer in Brooklyn

Pamela

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 5:36 pm
Hi, subject line says it all. Looking for a photographer in Brooklyn that takes beautiful newborn photoshoots...
TIA!

tichellady

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 5:53 pm
http://www.abbiesophia.com/new.....smftb

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 6:09 pm
My friend Dina Duchan is very talented. Dinaduchan.com

Jewel22

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:24 pm
Faysimchaphoto.com she's great. I used her for my son and loved all the pics!

Pamela

Post Sun, Nov 19 2017, 7:25 pm
Thank you all, ladies!! I really appreciate it. I will check them all out!

Pamela

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:23 am
Wow those are pricey!!! Any one know of a good photographer in the $100 (or less) range?? Good quality... thanks

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 3:45 pm
Pamela wrote:
Wow those are pricey!!! Any one know of a good photographer in the $100 (or less) range?? Good quality... thanks

Mazel tov on the newborn!

I appreciate your search for a bargain, and I also sometimes find myself searching for good deals!

Here's why you won't find a "good quality" (your words!) newborn photographer in the $100 range:

While my newborn sessions take 2-4 hours (depending if siblings are involved, and how calm the baby is), each newborn session takes me 12-16 hours. Preparation, cleanup, washing laundry, communication with the client, editing photos, backing up the photos in several locations, ordering products, scheduling a time for the pickup of products, etc.

Assuming a session takes me just 12 hours of my time (although it's usually more), if you pay $100, you may think I'm earning $8.33 an hour. However:

I am self-employed and must pay double the Fica tax. I pay income tax. I pay utilities for heating the studio to 80 degrees, all those loads of laundry. There's the coffee, Keurig, mini-fridge, granola bars, and nuts that I provide for clients. Tens of thousands of dollars in camera equipment and lighting gear. Tens of thousands of dollars in education -- which I continue to pay for regularly. Web hosting. Client digital delivery system. Software. Computer hardware. Props. More props. And a few more Smile Replacing props that get pilled or threadbare after a few washings. Backdrops. Replacing backdrops that get dirty. Business insurance. And more expenses!

Feel free to browse my blog to see what a selection of images from a typical session looks like: https://chayabraun.com/blog/

Your best bet is to get lucky and find someone new to the business who is learning newborn photography who is seeking models for practice. If you're really lucky, find an experienced photographer giving a workshop who is looking for models; they usually give a few photos for free, but those can be hard to find.

Lots of nachas from your little one!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:40 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Mazel tov on the newborn!

I appreciate your search for a bargain, and I also sometimes find myself searching for good deals!

Here's why you won't find a "good quality" (your words!) newborn photographer in the $100 range:

While my newborn sessions take 2-4 hours (depending if siblings are involved, and how calm the baby is), each newborn session takes me 12-16 hours. Preparation, cleanup, washing laundry, communication with the client, editing photos, backing up the photos in several locations, ordering products, scheduling a time for the pickup of products, etc.

Assuming a session takes me just 12 hours of my time (although it's usually more), if you pay $100, you may think I'm earning $8.33 an hour. However:

I am self-employed and must pay double the Fica tax. I pay income tax. I pay utilities for heating the studio to 80 degrees, all those loads of laundry. There's the coffee, Keurig, mini-fridge, granola bars, and nuts that I provide for clients. Tens of thousands of dollars in camera equipment and lighting gear. Tens of thousands of dollars in education -- which I continue to pay for regularly. Web hosting. Client digital delivery system. Software. Computer hardware. Props. More props. And a few more Smile Replacing props that get pilled or threadbare after a few washings. Backdrops. Replacing backdrops that get dirty. Business insurance. And more expenses!

Feel free to browse my blog to see what a selection of images from a typical session looks like: https://chayabraun.com/blog/

Your best bet is to get lucky and find someone new to the business who is learning newborn photography who is seeking models for practice. If you're really lucky, find an experienced photographer giving a workshop who is looking for models; they usually give a few photos for free, but those can be hard to find.

Lots of nachas from your little one!

I'm a photographer too and I can vouch for every word.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:

Would love to meet you! Are you in any FB groups with me? Very Happy

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:19 am
amother wrote:

Me Too!

Plus, I LOVE your work.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:35 am
amother wrote:
Me Too!

Plus, I LOVE your work.

Thanks! Why are you all amother? I have a Jewish newborn photographers group on FB that's a fun place if you're on FB and would like to join!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:41 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Would love to meet you! Are you in any FB groups with me? Very Happy

Meh I'm nothing according to you. I'm anon because a lot of people would identify me in an instant if they knew I was a photographer too. Good for you that you can be so open.

In either case, I don't do newborns. Mostly babies and kids from a year and up, families, that kind of thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries