Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What can be done to prevent people from growing up violent?
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 2:36 am
Wahoo there's some weird stuff in here lol.

Ok.

No, video games won't make you suddenly forget it's not real. But reinforcing the idea that movies arent real, from start, and talking about feelings and not hurting, is a must. I'm the type to read or watch violent or horror, but I won't kill a bug, I will trap it and release it even if it takes all night.

Teach children to guess what the other must feel.

Pay attention to early cues (won't list them as it's somehow not PC anymore)

LIFE IS HOLY, teach this. It also includes not ripping out leaves etc

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 2:53 am
I think it all comes down to empathy. Some people are born with brains that are not wired for empathy. If they are not taught to direct themselves in a productive way, then violence is the natural outcome of nonempathic thought patterns.

Another study that is fascinating, is testosterone levels. Violent prisoners were tested, and they all had much higher levels than the average population. In highschool, it's the jocks who get into serious fights and other petty criminal activities. The computer and chess club, not so much. Again, it's about testosterone levels. Proper parenting of aggressive boys is crucial in the early years to teach boys how to channel their energies.

This isn't just male bashing, either. In violent female criminals, the testosterone levels were much higher than the average population, as well. Hormone blockers for at risk teens is a very contoversial topic, but it may help kids get through some rough years while they learn proper social behavior.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics