Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Fire theme

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:37 pm
I know it's early but February is a busy month for me bh so wanted to start thinking earlier.

What could my kids dress up? What mm can I do? Any cute poem?

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
I know it's early but February is a busy month for me bh so wanted to start thinking earlier.

What could my kids dress up? What mm can I do? Any cute poem?

Fireman - that's easy. You could use plastic fire helmets as your baskets. There are lots of fireman themed birthday parties.

You could do - red hots. Any kind of red spicy food would work. I would put a pic of a Dalmatian on your card.

lfab

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 12:58 pm
LOL, I hear you. My husband thinks I'm crazy that I've also started thinking about Purim.
Don't know the ages/genders of your children but firefighters sounds like the easiest costume for a fire theme. For MM you can do things like red hots, hot poppers, anything with red. hot, fire, even bbq if you want to stretch it.

UnFarvosNischt

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 1:09 pm
And I thought I was planning early today when I bought Chanukah gifts for my baby!

No but seriously, now is a great time to start because you can buy in advance stuff from Aliexpress, Oriental Trading Company etc. and be sure to get it on time!

Check on those websites for fire helmets - it's a great idea! And for the MM itself maybe you can put a little bottle of water, chocolate matches...

You could also print a little guide about safety, it could be really useful! Like hatzola number, what to do in case of fire etc.
Recently we had a fire hazard in my building and no one really remembered what needed to be done!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 2:52 pm
Just out of curiosity, what made you chose a fire theme before even knowing what to do for costumes, mm, poem, etc. Seems so random. What is the inspiration here?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 2:56 pm
Hot potato chips, extinguisher candies. Youngest child can dress up as a dalmatian.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what made you chose a fire theme before even knowing what to do for costumes, mm, poem, etc. Seems so random. What is the inspiration here?

Because in the summer I took my 3 year old to Costco and he haddddd to get a $25 firefighter costume( which is really cute). So he is going to utilize it on Purim. Baby I want to do a dalmation. And now I have girls that need costumes.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:04 pm
amother wrote:
Because in the summer I took my 3 year old to Costco and he haddddd to get a $25 firefighter costume( which is really cute). So he is going to utilize it on Purim. Baby I want to do a dalmation. And now I have girls that need costumes.

So you did have the costume idea already. In your original post you asked about costumes so it seemed you just so randomly picked fire theme. Never mind.

P.S.... Sounds like a fun/ cute theme. Enjoy!

Miri7

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 5:53 pm
The girls can be firefighters too! I noticed in a lot of coverage about the recent wildfires in California there were a lot of female firefighters. I was actually quite surprised.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:04 pm
Why not do something crazy and ask them what they want to be? My kids start planning purim on shushan purim. They know what they want to be, give out, ect. Then they have fun changing their minds a million times over the year.

Do people really not ask their kids?

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:09 pm
watergirl wrote:
Why not do something crazy and ask them what they want to be? My kids start planning purim on shushan purim. They know what they want to be, give out, ect. Then they have fun changing their minds a million times over the year.

Do people really not ask their kids?

I do ask my kids and always regret it because they change their mind a hundred times the week leading up to Purim!

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:15 pm
I ask my kids and then fit my theme around their costumes which results in some creative themes when they pick random costumes.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:17 pm
cnc wrote:
I do ask my kids and always regret it because they change their mind a hundred times the week leading up to Purim!

So dont ask this far in advance! I know you arent OP.

farina

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:50 pm
Need a line to go with your mm:
Achashveirosh fired his queen - Katz fire co. To the rescue .( fill in your last name)

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 6:57 pm
Thank you all for your responses. I choose a theme based on their interests and they wear creative costumes tied to that theme. I love preparing for it and so do my kids.
I would prefer not to put the food in a hat since I did a magician hat last year and a different hat three years ago. Anything else I can put it into?
My kids give their own mm to friends and I found cute containers on Oriental for them( Yes, I was bored today. My kids are home sick and are sleeping all day).
I was thinking of making one a fire chief, a different one an old lady holding a cat( that the firefighters recused). Does it make sense?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics