Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Upk program

amother
Red

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 9:22 pm
I'm looking into two different upk programs. One of them is part of a big yeshiva that has 2 upk classes. It's a little bit father from my home and my son would have to take a bus there with all the other UPK kids (not such a fan of the bus. It also comes really early in the morning and not sure how much supervision there is on the bus). I know one of the directors who works there (a real doll!) and my son will likely know a lot of the boys. School ends a little earlier (my son would get home around 4:20), at least compared to the other school. Bigger class. Not as "homey" feel because part of a big school and classes are bigger. Now for the other school- it's a preschool that has a frum upk program- also 2 upk classes. Closer to my home (about an 8-10 min walk). No need to bother with a bus. They have extended hours if you need until 5 (big plus for me!). Is part of a non Jewish special ed preschool but the upk program is separate and it's frum (teachers are frum, all the kids are ). What do I look for in a school in making my decision? At that age is it that important that he know a bunch of the other kids? For the second option, I already know 1 or 2 kids going there that my son knows so it's not like he will know no one. The second option is not as scary because it's a smaller school and my son is still little!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:31 pm
You explained both options well.
What is holding you back from sending to the smaller, closer group?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:38 pm
the first school option he will know more of the kids. The second option he may only know 1 or 2... but now that I think about it, it's not such a con. Why does he need to know more kids?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 20 2017, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
the first school option he will know more of the kids. The second option he may only know 1 or 2... but now that I think about it, it's not such a con. Why does he need to know more kids?

The second option sounds really good. And then there's the convenience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics