Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
"Please don't judge me!"
1  2  Next

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 1:19 am
Share your funny moments that made you hope people didn't take you at face value.

E.g. I took DD to Amazing Savings to purchase a birthday gift for her lovely little girl friend. We ended up with a "make your own slime" kit. Sounded cool. As I'm wrapping it about an hour before the party (I.e. way too late to make any changes to the plan) I notice that on the over-decorated colorful funky-lettered packaging, or maybe in my hurry to get this done, I had overlooked that in fact it was not called "slime," it was called "boogers." Off it went to the Bais Yaakov girl birthday party... please don't judge me for giving your child a booger kit. I hope it was fun.

happy to be me

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:45 am
Double post

Last edited by happy to be me on Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

happy to be me

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:47 am
Oh boy, I think you just outed yourself Very Happy
You should add this to the other forum where everyone was saying who they really are.

If you didn't notice it right away then they probably won't either. Hope your daughter enjoyed the party.

My life is made up of "please don't judge me" moments. Way too many to list!

relish

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 9:52 am
This didn't happen to me, but I know the person it happened to:
She bought the boys a set of cute linen for camp. It was light blue with brown bears all over it. Every year the boys tried to get out of taking it, but she insisted that it is still good, and there is no reason to buy a new set.

10 years later, she took a closer look and notices that all the bears were wearing bikinis. embarrassed

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:10 am
OMG bikini bears! Love it!

Happy to be me, did your DD receive a booger kit at her birthday party last Sunday?!

happy to be me

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:14 am
seeker wrote:
OMG bikini bears! Love it!

Happy to be me, did your DD receive a booger kit at her birthday party last Sunday?!

Not telling Very Happy Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. You know I also lots of nieces, and neighbors, and friends who may have told me.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:16 am
LOL well if she did I hope it wasn't offensive!

glamourmom

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:17 am
relish wrote:
This didn't happen to me, but I know the person it happened to:
She bought the boys a set of cute linen for camp. It was light blue with brown bears all over it. Every year the boys tried to get out of taking it, but she insisted that it is still good, and there is no reason to buy a new set.

10 years later, she took a closer look and notices that all the bears were wearing bikinis. embarrassed
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

this is the funniest thing I've read in a while. thanks for sharing.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:20 am
I was the one at the grocery store yesterday with a 5 year old in a ninja costume mid-November and no shoes (the shoes were buried under the stuff in the shopping cart).

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:41 am
I was the one with the kid in the shopping cart wearing a sleevless jacket in 45degrees, he was crying that he was cold whilst I was speedily trying to select yoghurts.
He was the one that insisted on wearing said jacket, threw a tantrum and wouldn't wear anything else.
Oh well. Kids will be kids.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 11:54 am
On the flipside, I have the kid who wears a sweatshirt no matter how warm it is inside, even though she's usually the child who is NOT cold, because once it's on for going out she doesn't like to take it off. It's been this way since she was a tiny toddler and you'd really think she'd outgrow it by now. Worse, it often results in her wearing a colorful jacket at school when she's supposed to be wearing a specific uniform color, because the uniform sweater isn't thick enough for outdoor wear and she simply doesn't take off her outdoor sweater when she gets to school - teacher hasn't mentioned anything to me so I don't know if it's because she refuses to take it off or just because nobody's told her to, but I do see pictures coming home from school with her sweatshirts sticking out like a bright pink thumb. I hope people aren't seeing my kid in school and thinking that I'm "that parent" who flouts uniform codes.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 1:28 pm
This thread is hillarious.

I'm the parent of the kid that sucks her thumb with one finger up her nose.
G-d knows I tried.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:21 pm
I went to work wearing two different color shoes

anonymrs

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:28 pm
My whole life is one big "Please don't judge me" . LOL LOL LOL

You might get more posts if this gets moved to a forum where people can post anonymously.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:32 pm
causemommysaid wrote:

As did I a couple of years back. LOL Luckily I was wearing a long skirt and they were both dark colors so most people didn't notice. But I was paranoid that they did. Wink

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:35 pm
That Friday afternoon 13 years ago when you saw my 2 1/2 yr old and 1 yr old driving naked on their bikes ( just wearing diapers and pull up) outside while I was taking a nap. I had put them in for a nap after their Shabbos baths .I had no idea they let themselves out through the bedroom-window of our basement apartment! I thought they were sound asleep. I bet you those neighbors peeping out of the curtain were contemplating calling CPS.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:39 pm
causemommysaid wrote:

Not as bad as my co worker who wore baby pink crocs to work and we didn't say anything because we thought it was intentional. Or the time my boss's wife wore two different Michal Negrin earrings and we thought she must've lost the match so she was wearing a similar one. Both these people were horrified when they realized and said it was worse that we didn't tell them!

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
As did I a couple of years back. LOL Luckily I was wearing a long skirt and they were both dark colors so most people didn't notice. But I was paranoid that they did. Wink

I wasnt so lucky

LOL LOL LOL

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:41 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
That Friday afternoon 13 years ago when you saw my 2 1/2 yr old and 1 yr old driving naked on their bikes ( just wearing diapers and pull up) outside while I was taking a nap. I had put them in for a nap after their Shabbos baths .I had no idea they let themselves out through the bedroom-window of our basement apartment! I thought they were sound asleep. I bet you those neighbors peeping out of the curtain were contemplating calling CPS.

omg that is so funny

sweetdimples

Post Tue, Nov 21 2017, 7:59 pm
I went out of my house with a huge pink roller in my sheitel. Twice. And it was situated strategically in the weft that keeps the height in place embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed

Last edited by sweetdimples on Tue, Nov 21 2017, 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics