Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
PLEASE RECOMMEND BROOKLYN CHILD THERAPIST

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 8:58 am
I desperately need a therapist to help with an extremely difficult toddler. I'd like someone who will work with me and my toddler together. Please recommend asap. Thank you.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 9:00 am
If it's a toddler, then maybe you want to go with Aba. Many Aba therapists work through insurance. One agency that comes to mind is proud moments.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 9:17 am
Hi,

Aba doesn't seem to be what we need. He is extremely high strung, has major meltdowns constantly, and is very defiant. I need someone to work with us together on helping him self regulate his emotions and facilitate cooperation.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

Aba doesn't seem to be what we need. He is extremely high strung, has major meltdowns constantly, and is very defiant. I need someone to work with us together on helping him self regulate his emotions and facilitate cooperation.

You can get an Aba therapist to work with you on those things. If you don't like her approach, then switch.
OT would also be helpful. If you can't get help through ei, and have insurance that would cover, I can recommend a gym.

If you want to go the play therapy route, I don't have experience or knowledge in that area. I guess someone else can chime in.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:26 am
OP here.
I think I'd prefer someone whose expertise is in helping a child with his emotions. The behavior is secondary, I think. And of course I need to learn the techniques to help him. But truly thank you for your suggestion. Anyone?

Edit: my color switched! But crimson and fuchsia are close enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics