Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Is Kidney donation halachally obligatory?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:12 am
moonstone wrote:
So maybe <gasp> that rav is wrong?? That was my first instinct before I read to the end of the thread and found out it was a Satmar rav (I didn't read the article), but my reaction would be the same if it were an MO rav. Are you seriously asking if this is halacha? And if evrryone here said yes, would you go under the knife? I can't imagine anyone following such a "psak", you certainly couldn't convince me that I was obligated to undergo such a difficult operation - or ANY operation! Try using your common sense. No, it is not halachically obligatory.

I agree with you. It seems the op found an opinion of literally one very right wing rav, and feels that some of us should attempt to reconcile this issue since she found a rav who gave this peak. I think if we keep this thread going for 10 pages there will not be any posters that will acknowledge holding by him. I don't see why this psak poses an issue.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 6:51 am
amother wrote:
I agree with you. It seems the op found an opinion of literally one very right wing rav, and feels that some of us should attempt to reconcile this issue since she found a rav who gave this peak. I think if we keep this thread going for 10 pages there will not be any posters that will acknowledge holding by him. I don't see why this psak poses an issue.

Even if this rav was only paskening for the Satmar kehilla, there are numerous Satmar ladies on this site so I think that there are women here who hold by him. I also think that it is possible that rabbonim from YU will study various positions on the issue since every case is unique.

I also think it is interesting that you are posting as amother. I didn't post as amother.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions