Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Assistant teachers ?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:11 pm
To those working at yeshivas as assistant teachers, I have a few questions...

I was called for an interview for an assistant teacher job at a preschool all-girls yeshiva. I'm a stay at home mom and I'm willing to go back to work, even though this isn't what I was doing before, I'm willing to change my career (for better hours so I could be home for the kids, even if less pay). So here are my questions..

1. How much do assistant teachers (without experience) at preschool yeshiva usually make? (in NYC).

2. If you work at your kids' school, do you pay less tuition?? how does it work?

I have all boys and the interview is in a different yeshiva (all girls). So if they accept me, I'd have to pay also for daycare in addition to two kids in yeshiva...so that will come up to be around $23000 combined (or more, if we get less scholorship from school next year). I'm happy to go back to work and contribute, however, is this worth it? I feel like if they do give discounts for teachers, maybe I should just look at my kids' school for open assistant teacher jobs or just jobs that pay more?

Also, the job that I'm being interviewed is until 4, so I'd have to keep the kids longer at school until I come home with a bus... so that would also be a little bit of expense.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:18 pm
It would make most sense for you to work in the school you send your children to. Most schools give off from tuition even to assistants. The salary is usually around $20K depending on the hours and the city it can go up or down. If you would be getting a nice tuition break than it would be totally worth it, even if the pay is not great.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:35 am
I work in the business office of the NYC yeshiva that I send my boys too and I don't get anything off because of it Sad. A big perk though is that my tuition is taken off pretax which is a huge tax savings for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics