Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Uppababy vista single as double?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 8:52 am
DD is almost 2 and I'm due soon IYH. I don't love my current stroller and need to get a double anyway. Has anyone used the single Vista with bassinet and rumble seat as your primary double stroller for that age gap? Pros/cons? I like the idea of having the option of using it as a nice bassinet stroller for just the newborn when needed also
TIA Very Happy

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:02 am
I did. It was great being able to remove the regular seat and use the bassinet on its own when needed. I used it to take my toddler to her babysitter. I would leave the seat in a corner there and then put the bassinet back on top and use it as a single till pick up time. It is a little harder to turn cause it's longer but wheels so smooth. Why don't you test it in the store?

You don't need to purchase the rumble seat. If you put the bassinet on the bottom in the back then you can use the regular seat on top in the front. You'll need upper and lower adapters though.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 9:45 am
I used my vista this way, worked out amazing for me. My older child did not always need a seat and I kept the rumble seat in my trunk, or even in the basket. It snaps on and off and is still easy enough to push around. I always feel rude pushing a side by side double stroller down isles / side walks etc. (I didn’t call it rude!! It’s just my personal feeling, there’s nothing wrong with it)

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:31 am
amother wrote:
I did. It was great being able to remove the regular seat and use the bassinet on its own when needed. I used it to take my toddler to her babysitter. I would leave the seat in a corner there and then put the bassinet back on top and use it as a single till pick up time. It is a little harder to turn cause it's longer but wheels so smooth. Why don't you test it in the store?

You don't need to purchase the rumble seat. If you put the bassinet on the bottom in the back then you can use the regular seat on top in the front. You'll need upper and lower adapters though.

I have this stroller as a double, but I put the bassinet on top and rumble on the bottom. It is heavy to push that way. How is with the bassinet below? You can’t really see the baby that way right?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 11:47 am
OP here - based on other reviews I've seen, it seems the biggest negative would be that it's hard to push, especially on long walks. The other choice I'm considering is city mini gt double with a bassinet, which people say is great to push but I couldn't use nicely for just the newborn. How hard is it with the bigger kid on top?

I should really try them both in store but great sales right now and not feasible or a good idea to go out Black Friday, especially nine months pregnant. I know I should've done it earlier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics