Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Sensory problems in 2 month old

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 10:10 pm
My 2 month old cries and cries and cries at night. When we undress him, he calms down. Does this have to do with sensory processing disorder? Anyone have a similar situation? Is it hereditary, my dh has it.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 12:03 am
Are these disorders typically diagnosed in infancy? Perhaps the baby was dressed too warmly? Try putting him down in just a onesie (if you feel the room is warm enough) and see what happens.

It is common for 2 month olds to cry for all sorts of reasons

crl

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 4:06 am
My 4 month old son cries when he gets too warm so we just strip him to a onesie and he’s fine. I don’t think you should automatically assume it’s an issue, it’s just how babies communicate. Some run warmer than others, some like different materials. My daughter doesn’t mind terry pajamas after her bath but my son haaaates it, and they shared a womb! I wouldn’t stress it, just do what you can to make you and your baby comfortable.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 4:25 am
If you have a hunch your baby has sensory issues, you may request an evaluation from Early Intervention. It can't hurt. My baby cried a lot and I had him evaluated at two months. He began receiving services a few days later. It helped a lot.

watergirl

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 8:43 am
Babies love to be naked. Its a thing. Relax and dont look for problems. This day and age everyone is “sensory”. Honestly, babies really just like to be naked. Its ok.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 9:03 am
I was recently told that in parts of Nj they will not evaluate a child that young , unless there are severe issues. I highly doubt a child will be tested for sensory issues at 2 months.
Check with your pediatrician first.
Maybe your baby doesn't like to be swaddled. Maybe your baby has reflux, colic, or is having a reaction to the breast/bottle milk, there could be so many things. Some babies just cry a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics