Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Raost was raw/ challah raw too- advice

ruby slippers

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 9:02 pm
I made a roast for Shabbos and I thought I followed the correct cooking time- it was 4 1/2 lb and I cooked it for 2 1/2 hours. It was soo raw and bloody inside. It was not a cheap roast- is there a way to salvage it? Can I put it back in the oven and cook it through until done?

It was not a good cooking week as my challah was waay underdone(tried a new recipe) really raw in the middle. I have extra- can I put it back in the oven, will that work?

Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 9:05 pm
eema1 wrote:
I made a roast for Shabbos and I thought I followed the correct cooking time- it was 4 1/2 lb and I cooked it for 2 1/2 hours. It was soo raw and bloody inside. It was not a cheap roast- is there a way to salvage it? Can I put it back in the oven and cook it through until done?

It was not a good cooking week as my challah was waay underdone(tried a new recipe) really raw in the middle. I have extra- can I put it back in the oven, will that work?

Thanks!

You can definitely continue to cook the roast.

The challah is what it is probably. Maybe slice it up, brush with olive oil and garlic and toast to serve with soup, spreads.

ruby slippers

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 9:34 pm
Thanks!

CatLady

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 10:38 pm
Have you checked your oven temperature to see if it's working properly? Buy an oven thermometer and see if it heats up to the temperature you're setting it at.

shanie5

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 12:00 am
Definitely check the thermostat on your oven! 2.5 hours for a 4.5 lb roast is definitely long enough.
If 1 thing didn't cook right, ok. But 2? its the oven thats the problem.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:46 am
if its a rib roast or similar you can slice it up into steaks and cook in a frying pan, or make a stir fry.

It does sound like the oven is faulty.

If you cook expensive roasts often its worth investing in a meat thermometer.

Challahs are ready when they sound hollow on the bottom when tapped.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics