Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Stuffing

3Qts

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 3:01 pm
I need a recipe for an easy chicken Stuffing. I have leftover challah and would like to use that

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 3:05 pm
my grandmother ob'm, used to take the challah, soak it in water, squeeze it well, then added a bunch or two of parsley, shredded of course, spices, and eggs. it was yummyyyyy.

cindy324

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 10:52 pm
Quote:
my grandmother ob'm, used to take the challah, soak it in water, squeeze it well, then added a bunch or two of parsley, shredded of course, spices, and eggs. it was yummyyyyy.

Yep, I basically do the same thing. I slice up a medium challah. Soak, remove crust, squeeze out. Add 2 eggs, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, half a small chopped onion, about 2-3 tbsp of chopped parsley. Mix well, stuff chicken bottoms or whole chicken.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 11:11 pm
My mother adds chopped mushrooms to hers, but they have to be sauteed first, to get the liquid out.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 7:07 am
I cube my challah, drizzle with a little olive oil and toast int he oven until crunchy.

While that's going, I sautee sliced mushrooms, chopped onions and diced celery. I add salt, pepper and fresh rosemary for taste.

In a bowl, I place all the bread and soak it with soy milk. I then add the mushrooms, onions and celery and milk well. I also add some canned or frozen corn and some more salt and pepper.

I use 3 eggs per medium size loaf of challah. Mix that all together, pour into a greased pan or casserole dish and bake until the top is golden.

Technically this is a dressing since it's not cooked inside the bird, but cooking inside the bird can sometimes be tricky because it changes the temperature so much... the outside of the bird tends to get done well before the inside so you either end up with underdone inside or, if you try to compensate, you have an overdone outside.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 7:14 am
I learned from my mom.

Break the challah up into small pieces.....soak challah in orange juice.

Saute onion, garlic, celery (optional), add in challah, add one egg while still on the stove, stir together. Let cool, and then stuff the chicken..

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 9:41 am
yup cut the challah into bite size pieces ... olive oil and spices ... bake in oven till toasted ...

in pan sautee onions fresh garlic, celery diced up all in olive oil ... when both are done mix together and stuff the chicken ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey