Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What will Brooklyn look like in 15 years?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:16 pm
Lots of Brooklyn Sephardim are leaving too. They come here to Hollywood, Florida, the 2nd Ocean Parkway, where a 4 bedroom townhouse is $200K. There are 19 Sephardic synagogues in Hollywood. And more than 40,000 Jews. Or Aventura, Florida, which has the most Jewish zip code in the USA.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:46 pm
First of all to oak amother,to answer the question why would anyone want to live in Bklyn,one answer is unlike Lakewood,there are plenty of mikvahs and no one goes at Midnight like they do in Lakewood. For the amother in Philly, 1.5 to 2 hrs is not close to Bklyn,and the lack of choice of yeshivas and groceries as compared to Bklyn makes it a non factor.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:17 pm
fleetwood wrote:
First of all to oak amother,to answer the question why would anyone want to live in Bklyn,one answer is unlike Lakewood,there are plenty of mikvahs and no one goes at Midnight like they do in Lakewood. For the amother in Philly, 1.5 to 2 hrs is not close to Bklyn,and the lack of choice of yeshivas and groceries as compared to Bklyn makes it a non factor.

Umm seriously the best you could come up with for staying in brooklyn is the Mikveh availability ?! And I’m not even sure where that info comes from there’s multiple ones here and wow the one on new hsmpshire you haven’t seen anything like it !!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:19 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I have a mikvah walking distance in Lakewood. It closer to me than I had in Boro Park. I never have to wait. Always a room available. A little inconvenient that you have to make appointments in advance. Was never a late appointment. Usually like 7:30 or 8:30. I sometimes ask for later because need my DH to babysit. In Boro park there was a whole waiting room of ladies waiting to get a room.

octopus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:36 pm
The reason why people would stay in brooklyn is because of family, jobs, and the unbeatable special ed services available for children that have disabilities.

octopus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:39 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Seriously ?? Stay in Flatbush in a small shack with a microscopic piece of land or this

https://articles.nj.com/ocean/.....5.amp

And I say that as a Brooklyn girl who lived in Brooklyn for my first 31 years and still miss it..

Omg. That is some mcmansion. Don't tell me that is only 4 bedrooms. I cannot imagine cleaning a house like that. One person cannot keep up with that. The problem with buying so big, is that you need to hire lawn/pool help and cleaning help a lot more than a weekly basis because anyone who is commuting to a decent job, will not have time for the upkeep of that.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:

I live in Lakewood and beg to differ. Which six plus new schools (for the non Chasidim) opened over the past two years? Lakewood has a terrible school shortage like Brooklyn has a housing shortage

There is a shortage of slots in the top schools, not a shortage of schools. Sorry, don't remember the names of every school, but I do believe this to be true. There's already a new boys elementary school and a girls high school scheduled to open next year and it's only November.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics